Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart 4" slip-ons with performance baffles

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014 | 05:00 PM
afacey
|
Cruiser
Default Rinehart 4" slip-ons with performance baffles

Looking to swap out the stock baffles to the performance baffles to get a little more volume and performance. Has anyone done this and can comment? Do the slip-ons with perf baffles still sound good? I know this is a loaded question and will yield differing opinions, but looking for some feedback.

Old 06-09-2014 | 06:08 PM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member

Mine are perforated, but I don't think they're 'performance' baffle. I think the difference is in the diameter of the baffle. 2" vs 2 1/2" (I'm not certain of those dimensions). You didn't mention what head pipe you use, but when I changed my stock 05 non cat head pipes to S&S Power Tune duals it really woke up my Rineharts. Edit: Sorry OP, I misread your question

Last edited by just plain john; 06-09-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2014 | 06:08 PM
bads1buell
Cruiser

Deleted

Last edited by bads1buell; 09-08-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-09-2014 | 06:13 PM
RushKing14
Tourer

Sorry to hijack the thread OP, but I have 4" Rinehart's on my bike, and was wondering if one of you knew what baffles come stock in them? I would like to increase the sound some on mine.

I have been on their site, and cannot find that information, nor baffle options for them either.

Old 06-09-2014 | 06:19 PM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by mjinks61
Sorry to hijack the thread OP, but I have 4" Rinehart's on my bike, and was wondering if one of you knew what baffles come stock in them? I would like to increase the sound some on mine.

I have been on their site, and cannot find that information, nor baffle options for them either.
http://rinehartracing.com/accessories/baffles

Old 06-09-2014 | 06:28 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member

I have 4" Rineharts on V&H Dresser Duals. I was almost taken out by a driver not paying attention about a year ago. My "theory" was "the driver didn't hear me" (yeah, right!), so I went with the louder, performance Rinehart baffle thinking it would help me be heard. After about 4 months worth of setting off car alarms at 5:30 in the morning just idling down the street, and my fillings rattling out of my teeth, and the ringing ears on long trips, not to mention the loss of torque too, I pulled them back out and sold them. It just wasnt worth giving up the comfort to me.....and trust me, my bike is loud as it is....it just became too much for me.

Old 06-09-2014 | 06:37 PM
RushKing14
Tourer

Originally Posted by RaceFace
I have 4" Rineharts on V&H Dresser Duals. I was almost taken out by a driver not paying attention about a year ago. My "theory" was "the driver didn't hear me" (yeah, right!), so I went with the louder, performance Rinehart baffle thinking it would help me be heard. After about 4 months worth of setting off car alarms at 5:30 in the morning just idling down the street, and my fillings rattling out of my teeth, and the ringing ears on long trips, not to mention the loss of torque too, I pulled them back out and sold them. It just wasnt worth giving up the comfort to me.....and trust me, my bike is loud as it is....it just became too much for me.
I am going to go with the V&H power duals soon, so the power loss shouldn't be an issue. Maybe I'll wait till I get those on before I look into baffles if they get that loud. With just the stock slip ons and stock header with the cat in, I set one off the other day in a parking lot. I don't need to be doing that to my neighbors early in the morning or late at night.

Old 06-09-2014 | 06:39 PM
RushKing14
Tourer

Originally Posted by just plain john
Thanks for the link John. so I take it the one they list as standard is the stock baffle?

Old 06-09-2014 | 06:46 PM
afacey
|
Cruiser

Yes, I'm running a stage 1, with V&H power duals and rsd ac + SE tuner. Rinehart says 15-20 increase in sound and remap of air/fuel. The stock baffles are 2" and performance are 2.5".

Did anyone see a performance gain by just switching to 2.5" perf baffles?

Old 06-09-2014 | 07:17 PM
BLKPRLFLHTCU
Tourer

The baffles in the slip-ons are 2" if you have Bub or Rinehart true-duals ( 2" header pipe ) you will get the 2.5" baffle with them when you get a full system. Even if you put the 2.5's in the slip-ons they get louder. 2" baffles in the true duals are a bit quieter than the 2.5's but if you are trying to quiet down the true-duals it will likely not be enough to make you happy you will have to change the mufflers to quiet them down. After many experiments ( with a decibel meter ) I have Bub stealths mufflers 2" inlet on Rinehart true-duals ( 2" ) and its a little louder than stock gives you back some back pressure you loose with true-duals and no heat issues. ( Sert & SE air cleaner ) Ride for days with no ringing ears....

Quick Reply: Rinehart 4" slip-ons with performance baffles