Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart 4" slip-ons with performance baffles

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014 | 05:33 AM
WILDWOOD_1124
Outstanding HDF Member

I have heard that the 2.5" baffles don't make much of a difference in the sound and also the opposite. They are kinda pricey! Been trying decide if it would be worth it.

Old 06-11-2014 | 04:21 AM
tpb857
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp

These are my observations with the Rinehart performance baffles from when I had my 12 CVO SG. I had V & H Dresser Duals on the back, four inch Rinehart slip ons and my tuner was a Power Vision. First, changing the baffles on these pipes was one of the hardest jobs I ever did. I've had a lot of bikes and I do what I can myself on them. The endcaps were difficult to get off. The stock baffles were difficult to get out. Once I had it all back together, I was pleased with the sound, but it was not a lot louder than the original Rinehart baffles. Regarding a loss of performance...I noticed absolutely none. I have the same set up on my current bike, but I am not changing out the baffles. Personally, I didn't think that it was worth the cost of the baffles and the time to change them. Once again, this is my opinion on them.

Old 06-11-2014 | 06:51 AM
lknox12
Intermediate

I have Rhinehart tru duals with 4in slipons on my 11 SG and like the sound. Loud when you get on it, but quiet enough to hear the radio at speeds.

Old 06-11-2014 | 08:20 PM
hellbilly78
Tourer

Im runnin vance and hines power duals with 4 inch rineharts. The stock baffles are 2.25 in diameter the performance are 2.5 i swapped out to the 2.5 baffles for the extra sound. They are a little louder but not real loud. The sound changes a little bit as well it gets more of a "cackle" to it. You can really hear the difference from behind it. Cruisin speeds its just a tad louder. You can hear the exhaust more but not enough to annoy you or drain out the radio. I personally like the sound myself. Do i wish they made it a little more louder of course but at the same time i like them for the longer rides because they are not obnoxious and annoying.

Old 05-13-2016 | 02:43 PM
csederlund
Advanced

Originally Posted by hellbilly78
Im runnin vance and hines power duals with 4 inch rineharts. The stock baffles are 2.25 in diameter the performance are 2.5 i swapped out to the 2.5 baffles for the extra sound. They are a little louder but not real loud. The sound changes a little bit as well it gets more of a "cackle" to it. You can really hear the difference from behind it. Cruisin speeds its just a tad louder. You can hear the exhaust more but not enough to annoy you or drain out the radio. I personally like the sound myself. Do i wish they made it a little more louder of course but at the same time i like them for the longer rides because they are not obnoxious and annoying.
By "cackle" , do mean a more raspy? I have an X pipe also. I'm looking to change out my slip-ons for something lower and louder. I currently have Magnaflow slip-ons which have a good deep rumble but I wish they were louder.

Old 05-14-2016 | 09:47 PM
Larry the Landlord
Road Captain

I put the 2.5" in this afternoon. I have the S and S head pipe. The sound is a little higher pitch and a little louder. I love the sound of the original baffles. I will be going back to the originals if anyone wants to buy them.