Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

short antennas

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 06:17 PM
ch1ef
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default short antennas

Does anyone know where I can buy short antennas for my Ultra Glide? I found one site on line, but they want $35.00 a piece. A bit stiff, I think..... I think I saw some a while back that were in the $16.00 range. Shoulda bought 'em then. Any help will be appreciated.

Old 09-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts
Default RE: short antennas

I have a G.M. truck ant on the radio side. It screws right on, and works great. I don't have the CB, Weatherband one on unless I'm doing a road trip, and then I put both originals on.

Old 09-06-2005, 08:18 PM
00ultra
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea here's a link , but there still $90.00
http://www.dynasite.net/dynaweb/1000...SS=1&S=1000441
Look at the bottom for Harley accesories> antenna kits.
Post if you find some cheepies. I would like to get rid of my longie whips......

Old 09-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Birch
Advanced

does anyone have the ones from eglidegoodies I like the 6 inch ones, do they work well.. but would like some first hand info if you have it.

Thanks all

oh yeah the SE glide will be at the dealer by the 20th, hope that holds true, cant wait anymore,

Old 09-06-2005, 11:20 PM
JRAZ
Cruiser

Have a Street Glide on order and want to have a short antenna as well. Told by my dealer that you can get the 12 -14 in. long black rubber antennas at Radio Shack cheap. If you check them out let us know.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:25 PM
NH_FLTRI
Intermediate

i got a short antenna from Pep Boys, universal and installed in seconds. it was 10.00. it does NOT recieve radio signals as good as the stock whip. i am thinking of trying the ones for 30.00 that they also sell there. i believe they are labled as "amplified" although they look exactly the same as the 10.00 ones. MY 2 cents would be to avoid the low cost ones.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:01 AM
KY HDRider
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I am curious if anyone has bought the AM/FM and CB Antenna kit linked to above by 00ultra? If so, how is the FM reception with these antennas? I live in a rural area, good reception is a must.

Thanks,
Jerry

Old 09-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Toytech
Tourer

Freedom Cycle Reno has good performing/looking short antenna. Step up, swing for a home run and pay the price for good stuff.

Joe

Old 09-07-2005, 01:32 AM
nmfxstc
Road Master

Joe:

Does the CB antenna work really well? My stocker is good...decent range...just wonder about the ones from Freedom Cysles and the rest....any degardation or any improvement??

Old 09-07-2005, 10:58 AM
jlacasci
Tourer

The link in 00Ultra is the on-line shopping area for Freedomcycle. I have these antenna's posted pictures here recently (do a search for jlacasci and you can see them). Although I don't use the CB but others have said it works fine. As for the FM, I had previously reported it worked better than the stock whip. Not sure I quite understand this but what I've found is this: I live in a very rural area and my reception there _IS_ better and I can get more stations. (I did a simple test, with the original whip, starting at the first FM station like 88.x hit the up button for a split second and counted the stations stops until I got to 107.9) Put the new one on and did the same thing. With the new shorter FM I got 4 more stations. (I did this several times).

Okay, this weekend I visited a friend that lives in a major city and I swear my reception was not as good as it was with the whip the last time I was down that way??? Could have been a bad day or weather I guess.

Joe

Quick Reply: short antennas