Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

short antennas

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 01:54 PM
slacker
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: short antennas

I finally got a tracking number. And I would never believe it, but they shipped the antennas on the 13th and FedEx has had them since. The expected delivery is today, a full 13 days after they were shipped. And I asked for 2 day shipping. Thanks FedEx, when it absolutely, positively has to sit on our trucks for weeks.

I will let you know if I actually get them today.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:16 AM
slacker
Cruiser

I finally got them. And in all fairness it was FedEx's fault it took so long to deliver. They fit and work great.

Old 10-01-2005, 01:52 PM
nmfxstc
Road Master

Well...after much thought (those whips just dance around too much at highway speeds and I walk into the damn things in a crowded garage), I ordered the antennas from Freedom Cycles this morning...I figure I use the CD payer almost exclusively and if the short CB antenna doesn't send and receive as well as the whip, I can always switch them all back for road trips (though I hope they are as good or better than stock as advertised...just never really had any feedback about CB operation....I WILL post my results once I receive them and give them a try out!)

Old 10-01-2005, 02:08 PM
slacker
Cruiser

The CB antenna works just fine. I haven't noticed any real difference in terms of distance but most of my talking is to my tail gunner 5-8 bikes back.

Old 10-01-2005, 02:30 PM
nmfxstc
Road Master

Thanks...I run with a lot of Wing riders...they tend to riode waaaaaaay apart! Stock is OK and no complaints except they are clumbersome and dance too much....will keep the forumposted on range once I get 'em and get 'em on.

Old 10-07-2005, 01:11 AM
nmfxstc
Road Master

Anyennas arrived today...easy install and FM sounds as good as ever.

I tried out the CB and it seems totransmit OK, but I do have a lot of ignition static that I really don;t recall with the whip...anyone else notice that?

Sure is easy to slip a cover over the Ultra w/o bending thewhips and stuffing them between the seats thoug....will know more on the CD aspects after I get a few miles on them and do some scoot to scoot transmitting....will post on that once they get the full testing regimen!

Old 10-07-2005, 01:39 PM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Found this very interesting article on everything you wanted to know about bike antennas and direct replacement anrennas and parts for HD bikes!!!!!!

http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs/mc-duals.htm

http://www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?id=102

Steve

Old 10-08-2005, 02:46 PM
steveokla
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased the Freedom Cycles short antennas love them!

Old 10-08-2005, 04:31 PM
mike58237
6th Gear

i put the hidden electric antenna in the fairing works great in my area, the weather band is another story though, the steeler put it in for me for about 100 when bike was new so have no comparison, but i love the look of no antenna.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:38 PM
steveokla
Tourer

I know that they had a new batch ordered. Mine took a while to get in.. You'll get it soon and it will be worth the wait!

Quick Reply: short antennas