Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Seen This Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 07:59 AM
we_brown
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone Seen This Issue

2010 FLHTCU, Stage 1, Oil Cooler, everything else stock, CAT still in

Left for Rolling Thunder via Blue Ridge Parkway, awsome ride. Once we reached the end of BRP we decided to take back roads towards DC. Somewhere in Manassas, VA I get check engine light, engine goes to idle, and throttle is unresponsive. Luckily, we were 3 miles form an HD dealership. Called and picked up in 10 minutes. Service mgr took a tech off a bike and put him on mine. They determined that the issue was a bad induction module kit. this was Fri at 3pm. They called Harley and was told, no problem part will be sent overnight. However, since it was so late in the day that ment ship on Tuesday, due to the holiday. I'm screwed. The owner of the dealership is walking by and tell sevrice to get a 2014 bike off the floor and use it for parts. WOW. Picked the bike up Sat afternoon and made the Rolling Thunder Ride. If you have not done this, put it on your calendar for next year. Awsome experience.

Immediately after the ride I hit I395 to head to Atlanta. I make it 3 hours to Richmond and guess what. Check engine light, engine idle, and no throttle. I pull over, turn off the bike, turn it on, and I'm good to go. Thinking this is heat related I keep my speed down and stay in the right hand lane. An hour later same thing. I make it to Burlington, NC for the night.

Again, thinking this is heat related I am up and the bike is ready to go at 5:30. Let's ride in the cool of the morning. Three hours down the rode it starts. Then an hour. Finally, made it to Commerce, GA and I stop for my last gas stop. Have a drink and snack to give the bike a chance to cool down. Start it up and immediately get my issue. Called HOG for a tow, give Hog a hard time if you wish, but they had me picked up in 30 minutes and on the way to an open dealership.

So, thanks to the Manassas, VA dealer and HOG.

Anyone experienced this issue? Check engine light, engine to idle, and no throttle???????

Currently at the local dealership, they picked my bike up for free and brought it to my dealership. All you anti extended warranty people take note, everything is being covered.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Pix
Road Master
Received 280 Likes on 146 Posts

Thanks for the write up, let us know the outcome, and send that tech and owner a 12-pack!

Old 06-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,589 Likes on 2,718 Posts

Check the connection to the throttle servo, there have been issues with corrosion. Clean it up, clear the codes, dialectric grease, and try again