Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

King Tour pak LED Light Bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by Cep10SG
I got one and rewired the dam thing for run turn brake. it was actually pretty easy as long as you know how to solder. I'm stationed in Japan now, but if you want some help with the wiring let me know, I think I still have the pics I took in a hard drive. used 4 resistors and 2 capacitors and works great.

Dear HDForums, why do you keep warning me about trying to help someone for FREE!! I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING BUT TRYING TO GIVE ADVICE ON HOW TO FIX AN ISSUE, I answered this post so I can try to help someone out and you keep warning me anytime I post anything as if I was trying to sell something. get a grip, good grief!!!!!!!!!!!

Cep
other than the wiring it fit the tour pack well? The electrical part doesn't bother me. But thank you.if I do this I my pick your brain if it's screws with me

Old 07-22-2015, 09:02 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

I've had a Mutazu King for years and installed the cheap ebay LED wrap light, it's brighter than the pre-14 CVO wrap lights but not as bright as the new stock wrap light like the 14's and up have. All the LED's still work and just as bright, I did have to wire it myself but that was pretty simple. I wouldn't hesitate getting the tour pack but if you have to install the LED light yourself anyways I'd go OEM harley or one of the ebay knock offs.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Have a factory tour pack. The lights are what I want in chrome. With a center light. No covers Just black looks like crap on mine. Can't believe HD doesn't sell chrome upgraded rear tour pack lighting

Old 07-22-2015, 08:23 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun
Have a factory tour pack. The lights are what I want in chrome. With a center light. No covers Just black looks like crap on mine. Can't believe HD doesn't sell chrome upgraded rear tour pack lighting
I was replying to the OP that started the thread.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:09 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
I was replying to the OP that started the thread.
Yah about that...it was last year. Sorry
I just ordered up the lights

Old 08-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by crazycrazy
It's a piece of ****. I ordered it and it arrived with no directions. Electrical connections aren't compatable with the Harley harness. No drilling template either. Called them up and they said sorry that's the way we get them.

If you really want the light bar, get the Harley one. Yea, it's expensive, but fit and finish is good and the wiring harness is plug and play.
Well got it. Not a piece of **** either. Yep no directions so if u don't know electrical tricks maybe not for u. Template took all of 3 min to make. Fit and finish was great. Not selling anything but for 100 bucks.and a little work I have bright LEDs now. With brake turn and running on corners and brake running in center rear. Daylight it's brighter than the cvo one I have here that will end up on my razor
I am a happy camper. Took 7 days to get
Oh and I went to HD dealer. They don't make one for and ultra .

Last edited by Bumpandrun; 08-02-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cep10SG
I got one and rewired the dam thing for run turn brake. it was actually pretty easy as long as you know how to solder. I'm stationed in Japan now, but if you want some help with the wiring let me know, I think I still have the pics I took in a hard drive. used 4 resistors and 2 capacitors and works great.

Dear HDForums, why do you keep warning me about trying to help someone for FREE!! I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING BUT TRYING TO GIVE ADVICE ON HOW TO FIX AN ISSUE, I answered this post so I can try to help someone out and you keep warning me anytime I post anything as if I was trying to sell something. get a grip, good grief!!!!!!!!!!!

Cep
Hey Cep Thanks fir all your help..........everything worked out great..........who is busting your B a LL s about helping? Always one Richard head in the bunch

Old 10-13-2015, 05:39 PM
imatkel
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bumpandrun ... I have been wondering about these as well and have a couple of questions.
You never said what you bought... was it the chrome one that shows up on ebay?
what kind of wiring mods did you have to do?
I'm also wondering about the antenna mounts .. are they there ?

appreciate any advice you have on this.
Thanks,
mike ( 2012 ultra classic - stock tour pack )

Old 10-13-2015, 07:31 PM
giacomo56
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 145 Posts

I bought one, cheap about $100 dollars...fitting it was challenging, but once the screws were tight not a bad fit.....but i use my pak 3-4 times a year for long hauls...not on everyday...so if it cracks i wouldn't know about it....but other then that not too bad for the price....I also have it so that is functions as running, stop and directionals.
Overall looks great and it does the job for me.....