Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Idle 01 Road King

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 09:29 AM
berndog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Idle 01 Road King

Just got my bike back fromcam chain shoe replavement and rocker shaft bushings,,now it idles so rough,and acceleration seems to be slow to come back down,,I dont know what has been jarred or what,,mm injection,,any ideas,or code charts?

Old 06-01-2014, 10:24 AM
ZUTEDUFF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

may need to clean the Throttle body good, and readjust the cold and hot idles..

Old 06-01-2014, 11:04 AM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

cams out of phase. Cam timing. Did they do adjustable pushrods? If so, maybe pushrods out of adjustment. Good luck & keep us informed.

Toby

Old 06-02-2014, 11:25 AM
berndog
Tourer

well the up date is ,i cleaned throttle body w seafoam turned up cold idle a tad,,throttle rolled on erraticaly rpm didnt come down as quick as it should,,went for a ride to see clear out cleaner,,after a couple km couple grinding bangs and quit,no juice pulled over,,hit the start again,,and sounded like something definitely let loose inside,,so getting towed back to the fellow who did the work,,not happy im convinced the cam gears and crank gear were out of time,,,and im wondering if it would run if they were misaligned,,,as It ran fine before I took it to him came back running real crappy shakey like timing was way out.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:36 AM
berndog
Tourer

Oh,,i forgot to mention it shook really bad,and i had just replaced the front motor mount before I took it to him,,it was smooth,,and it got real hot real fast and started ticking just before the grinding and banging happened,,no adjustable pushrods,,,only replaced cam chain tensioners,,oring kit in oil pump and rocker shaft bushings wich had some play,he says he nudged the tps and that it could be between that and tuner,,well none of that was supposed to be touched,,,

Old 06-13-2014, 11:19 AM
berndog
Tourer

well,update is,,its back at mechanics,,says he only looked at lifters didnt do bleed down test,,so its apart everything looks good in cam area and rockers so hes gonna test the lifters,and said crank position sensor was dirty that that would cause erratic idle,,????? any experiences? suggestions??