Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Earplugs With Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 06:14 PM
LazySundays
Road Captain
Received 163 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Earplugs With Headsets

What are the best earplugs to use with headsets? I'm getting Tinnitus and I don't want the ringing to get any worse.

Right now I wear the foam disposables, but I can't hear the intercom with them in so we both end up going without for the first few hours and then put earplugs in and forgo the intercom.

I can get No Noise locally, I'm just curious if they work and if there are better options.

Thanks

Old 05-30-2014, 06:46 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 604 Likes on 439 Posts

I wear these 90% of the time.
http://www.macksearplugs.com/details...seals-earplugs
I use sena a headset to talk to other riders. I can hear ok most of the time unless the wind noise in their mic is to loud. I wear the foam plugs sometimes the seem about the same to me. I had bad Tinnitus back in the late 80's and early 90's. I wear ear plugs to mow the grass or anytime the noise is to loud. Kids and dogs are a big problem also. Still bothers me some but 75% better than it was. The wind noise will destroy whats left of your hearing

Old 05-30-2014, 07:09 PM
pw
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like you have Tinnitus mainly in my left ear. After 25 years in the Navy being around jets acft and now pushing 60 yrs old I have a hearing aid for each ear from the VA.
Riding around with a shorty helmet for years without ear plugs did not help. After trying and riding with form ear plugs under the headsets for years this past Bike Week at Daytona after much agonizing, because of the cost, I had a pair of fitted monitors built from a company that had a booth there. Their company name is dBPlugz, dBPlugz.com out of Florida. I bought the ones with dual speakers. The quality of the sound great and the wind buffering is 98% gone. I had to buy two separate jacks neither that Michael carried. One jack is for just playing music through the bikes radio and the other jack is for using the CB and boom mic. Would I pay $400.00 plus dollars again probably so. What come though these monitors is clear as a bell.
They do make cheaper ones, single speaker or ones not motorcycle quality more for wearing at the gym during a workout.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Tedjay
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wife and I wear Surefire EP3 earplugs. We can hear each other through the Sena intercom with no problems. Both wear FF helmets. The EP3's cut out the wind noise. We're very happy with them.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:06 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I wear custom moulded plugs I got from the local bike show and have no difficulty hearing my headset.