Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well I did it..bought 2014 ultra classic, Question about security

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 10:42 PM
ihbond
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Well I did it..bought 2014 ultra classic, Question about security

Hi Folks;
Well sold my RK , gonna miss having my knuckles up in the air!

I do have a question, the Scoot i purchased did not have a security system so I was thinking of adding the following : Smart Security System-41000087A. I was curious as to the following:
1) Placement of security module, where will it reside ?
2) Do I need to bring it in to the dealership to program ?
3) I assume its plug and play..

THanks

BTW.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:23 PM
Harley Hound57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ihbond
Hi Folks;
Well sold my RK , gonna miss having my knuckles up in the air!

I do have a question, the Scoot i purchased did not have a security system so I was thinking of adding the following : Smart Security System-41000087A. I was curious as to the following:
1) Placement of security module, where will it reside ?
2) Do I need to bring it in to the dealership to program ?
3) I assume its plug and play..

THanks

BTW.
It will be under the left cover, i do believe the dealer needs to turn it on but not sure and yes it just plugs in.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:46 PM
Ride4Him
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First I would like to Congratulate you on your new purchase of 2014 Ultra Classic.

I bought the same security system when I purchased my motorcycle (2014 Ultra) in September of 2013. The security system had to be ordered since the 2014 had just came out and they did not have these in stock at the dealer.

The security plugs into the back of the radio (6.5" infotainment system) and it had to be programmed by the dealer. My system came with two security fobs.

I was not charged for the install since the security was part of the deal when I purchased my Ultra Classic.

Last edited by Ride4Him; 05-25-2014 at 11:48 PM. Reason: update
Old 05-26-2014, 12:01 AM
Harley Hound57
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ride4Him

The security plugs into the back of the radio (6.5" infotainment system) and it had to be programmed by the dealer. My system came with two security fobs.
Security does not plug into the radio, it is under the left cover.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:24 AM
Ride4Him
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley Hound57
Security does not plug into the radio, it is under the left cover.
Where did the insert that was taken out when the dealer plugged in the security come from? They put it in the box that the security came from.

I could have sworn that it was plugged into the back of the radio, because for whatever reason they ordered the wrong one the first time and it did not fit or match up with the number of pins that had to be plugged into the rear of the infotainment system?

I maybe wrong, but thought i witnessed them showing me the rear of the radio and how the security plugged into it…….seemed really tight fit when it snapped into place……..but again i could be wrong…..that was back in September of 2013 when they showed me why the first security would not fit and got the right number and plugged it in.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:30 AM
Harley Hound57
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ride4Him
Where did the insert that was taken out when the dealer plugged in the security come from? They put it in the box that the security came from.

I could have sworn that it was plugged into the back of the radio, because for whatever reason they ordered the wrong one the first time and it did not fit or match up with the number of pins that had to be plugged into the rear of the infotainment system?

I maybe wrong, but thought i witnessed them showing me the rear of the radio and how the security plugged into it…….seemed really tight fit when it snapped into place……..but again i could be wrong…..that was back in September of 2013 when they showed me why the first security would not fit and got the right number and plugged it in.
No sir it (Mine is a 2014 too) is under the left side cover.