Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please tell me what you think of this Road King

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:34 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Please tell me what you think of this Road King

Seeing as this is what I have been doing for a living for many many years - (Establishing Value for total losses & thieft losses on Motorcycles & est. value for ground-up builds for insurance coverage)

Anniv Edition HD unless Anniv Color (Black\Gray) does not really increase the USED VALUE of the Cycle

Bling-Bling (Chrome) - is a personnal thing and adds only 10 - 20% of the orignal cost

Perfornace Parts - DO increase the value (ie 95 - 103 kit or Exhaust system est...) buy normally 50% of the origanal cost of the up-grade (but de-values @ a rate of 5% per year)

Add to value $400.00 for travel trunk Assbly including Quick Release.

Market Area which vehicle is being sold can add 10 - 20%

Estimates Approx Value Range "USED" - $16,250.00 - $17,500.00

Yea there's a Ton of $$$$ invested - But ya got to be real - Unless you find that one person who might pay those big $$$$ and it is the perfect bike for him\her then???

Old 03-30-2007, 08:37 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

J&P Cycles sells the Eagle claw kick stands in their catalog.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 03-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

DAYUM !! Bling city. Nice looking ride. If you like it, who cares what others think. I just know I'd hate to have to polish that critter.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:56 PM
forestfarm
Cruiser

chrome dont get you home.Your paying for that fancy building its parked in front of.Buy brand new for less$$.Snap out of it man before its too late

Old 03-30-2007, 08:59 PM
whateva
Tourer

Just do it!

Old 03-30-2007, 09:24 PM
PlanoRider
Advanced

ORIGINAL: gordo24fan

Bike is nice. I love that kickstand. do me a favor and find out where I can get one like that.
Yeah I was suprised when I saw it. I did not notice it in the pictures but in person it is much better looking than it looks in the pictures. I really liked it and if someone described it to me I would not have expected to like it at all.

Mike

Old 03-30-2007, 09:35 PM
PlanoRider
Advanced

ORIGINAL: SoCal_Pappy

Seeing as this is what I have been doing for a living for many many years - (Establishing Value for total losses & thieft losses on Motorcycles & est. value for ground-up builds for insurance coverage)

Anniv Edition HD unless Anniv Color (Black\Gray) does not really increase the USED VALUE of the Cycle

Bling-Bling (Chrome) - is a personnal thing and adds only 10 - 20% of the orignal cost

Perfornace Parts - DO increase the value (ie 95 - 103 kit or Exhaust system est...) buy normally 50% of the origanal cost of the up-grade (but de-values @ a rate of 5% per year)

Add to value $400.00 for travel trunk Assbly including Quick Release.

Market Area which vehicle is being sold can add 10 - 20%

Estimates Approx Value Range "USED" - $16,250.00 - $17,500.00

Yea there's a Ton of $$$$ invested - But ya got to be real - Unless you find that one person who might pay those big $$$$ and it is the perfect bike for him\her then???
I am not sure I followed you. Did you mean that it did benefit from being a 100 anniv since it is black/gray???? Or not.....?

I am thinking that seeing it in person it looks like it is more than $10k in mods/bling. I really like the way it looks and I would not be much inclined to make a bike like that since it would cost over $30K to reproduce so it sounds like it might be a value... Since I am buying from a dealer I know I wont pay it true value and no one ever will since the dealer has to make money too. So if it is really worth $17500 then that is not too bad right????

Also even if you discount the part cost there was labor in putting all that stuff on as well.

I keep bouncing back and forth between SE's and mod'ed stock bikes and I want something that is not just another stock bike but I don't see much in a RK that looks good in an SE. The 2003 SE looks like a$$.... just my opinion..... And the new SE's are over $30K... So this has more mods than any SE I have seen not counting performance. This one does have the stage 1 and pipes on it.

I have been looking very intensely for several months and I have not seen a bike this tricked out before now. Other than a tach I cannot really think of anything to add.... LOL

But keep the opinions/info coming. I don't want to fool myself here. If it isa really bad deal I need to figure that out.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Old 03-30-2007, 09:49 PM
bvette94
Tourer

i agree that there is at least $8000.00 in bling and labor. I also feel that the price is too high. I have put most of the same bling on my bike by shopping on line for the best prices. I suggest buying a new bike and do your shopping online and find the best prices orYou will be missing out on the fun of doing it your self. if nothing else i would be concerned about the lean condition that turned the mufflers gold and how long it has been rode like that. may create a short engine life.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21463/230F118FA1284CBB95A22D0F3CDA5DDA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-30-2007, 10:02 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike...

It's a well DRESSED bike with ton's of chrome (hope ya like polish (lol)) Being the Anniv Edition Does Add Value BUT not as much as being the Anniv. Colors (Black\Gray)..
You're right - The Dealer "IS" going to make there mark-up as seeing as this does show nice... They may not even play with the price..
It appears to have had the Stage I done to it (I would hope) seeing as I see the True-Duals...
It's got most of the equipt I put on my '01 FLHRCI & MORE...

But just to make a point (not to rub anything in) But I just picked-up (2 weeks ago) a '03 FLSTC Heritage Softail that this guy put over $50K into it from the dealer (have receipts) including every chrome part & 103" engine - including 2 seats - with kess then 10K miles - for under then $17,000.00 - Also picked up a 2005 FLHRI with about $5000.00 in accessories with 4,000 miles for less than $14,000.00... Yea... This is a way I make a few extra $$$ from time to time - But Deals like these don't happen every day....(But living in So California Does Help (LOL) - Got to Luv those RUB's & Nasty Divorces (lol))

But to make it really simple... "IF THIS IS THE BIKE FOR YOU - THEN BY ALL MEANS GET IT" - Not much ya ever need to do with it except Ride It - Polish It & ENJOY IT

Old 03-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Jeepin_Lawyer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking bike! I personally liked a blinged out bike so I think that bike is very sharp! Price is a little high! That said, I also had to have my bike when I saw it and I paid about $2K more than it was worth but for something that I had wanted a long time I didn't really care. If you like it & want it then negotiate your best price, buy it, enjoy the hell out of it and never look back. You only live once.

Quick Reply: Please tell me what you think of this Road King