Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger Bags

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 07:52 AM
shane_huskey
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bagger Bags

I posted this question on a smaller, more model specific forum and didn't get any response, so I figured I should expand the base that sees the question.

http://www.baggerbags.com/
Anyone ever heard of these guys? I'm looking to go with 4" longer bags and they have a part that I might need. I'm looking to go with the Top Shop Viper bags and want to keep my stock fender, but the side fillers look bad with that setup. They have a stretched filler (SKU EPB0143) that he said he can make without the scallops on the sides that would look good for cheap, but I can't find any information on them except for their webpage and Facebook page. Also, if I don't buy the Top Shop bags, Bagger Bags has bags that are half the price of all the rest of them that I've found. I know you typically get what you pay for, but that isn't always true, so if any of you all have used anything from them, any information would be appreciated.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:57 AM
evil451
Cruiser

I was in your position not too long ago. I was looking for bags but honestly didnt want to pay up for the top shop, ness, or other big name bags.

I bought Fairing Factory bags on ebay for like $400 and I must say I am VERY glad I did...

I was worried but when they showed up I was happy!

What a lot of it comes down to, is how much prep. the cheap bags will likely need a ton of prep which equals $$$$ to your body/paint guy.

The FF bags do need prep because they are injection molded but not as much as some of the fiberglass bags will need.

Good luck.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:04 AM
shane_huskey
6th Gear

Originally Posted by evil451
I was in your position not too long ago. I was looking for bags but honestly didnt want to pay up for the top shop, ness, or other big name bags.

I bought Fairing Factory bags on ebay for like $400 and I must say I am VERY glad I did...

I was worried but when they showed up I was happy!

What a lot of it comes down to, is how much prep. the cheap bags will likely need a ton of prep which equals $$$$ to your body/paint guy.

The FF bags do need prep because they are injection molded but not as much as some of the fiberglass bags will need.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply, but I was asking specifically about Bagger Bags since they have the fender piece I am needing, unless Fairing Factory offers the same piece by chance (Ebay is blocked at work, so I can't check). I am leaning toward the Top Shop bags because of the cut on the outside to help keep from tapping them on the road, but I don't want to replace my fender if I can just replace the side fillers.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:53 AM
evil451
Cruiser

that fender piece isnt specific to bagger bags.. its a generic fender filler... works with all bags...

Old 05-21-2014, 10:05 AM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Try the Fairing Factory website, they have alot of stuff on there. It looks like they also do custom orders, so they may make it if they don't show it.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:11 AM
shane_huskey
6th Gear

Originally Posted by evil451
that fender piece isnt specific to bagger bags.. its a generic fender filler... works with all bags...
Yes sir, that's why I was looking for information specific to that piece pertaining to quality because I am planning on using it with bags from Top Shop.

Originally Posted by SG-Jay
Try the Fairing Factory website, they have alot of stuff on there. It looks like they also do custom orders, so they may make it if they don't show it.
I'm going to try it when I get home from work, there are a whole lot of sites that are either completely blocked or don't show up correctly on our work computers. http://www.fairingmegausa.com/ comes up, but none of the links are clickable, so I'll see if they offer a filler piece similar to the one made by Bagger Bags when I get to a computer that I can get the websites to work on. Do you know anything about the quality of parts made by Fairing Factory and Bagger Bags?