Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bell Pit Boss owners question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 09:38 PM
nervous
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

So this past weekend I got to spend about 5 hours in this helmet over a variety of conditions. First off, having not worn an open helmet of any sort in a very long time what an experience to hear EVERYTHING! The Road King is one noisy ride, eh? Wow. I am hearing things and wondering what's normal and what might not be. That'll settle.

But the helmet was great. the XL/XXL size fits my 23 3/4" head perfectly. And because it sits low on my head there was no movement at all. One thing that ended up bothering me that was unexpected was the wheel and apparatus for the adjuster. I found that A) because of the way I must sit and B) because teh back of my neck is fatter than most that the mechanism made enough contact with my neck to be really annoying. Both tightened and loose. In one of the videos online it says that that back piece can be adjusted up or down by snapping it out and back in but I found only a single set of holes back there to use so no adjustability. So while it's a great feature I found I have to remove the whole piece. Snapped it all out and problem solved. Barely noticed it was gone. And, the side advantage of that being removed is that it now (JUST!) fits into the stock hard bags. Comfort and security. I'll take that trade off. Ordered the clear shield so I'll swap that out this weekend. That also works quite well and despite being close to my nose never made contact. I do wish the visor was a tad longer to be more practical in low sun conditions but that's nit picking again. A very nice, solid well-made and versatile helmet.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:35 AM
Spowell928
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Bell Pit Boss is a very nice, comfortable well made helmet. The only drawback is it's not vented. Every time I ride lately, now that it's warmed up, my head gets soaking wet with sweat. It's a great winter, fall spring helmet, but not so much for summer.