Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C seat comfort (long post)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 11:25 AM
ThrasherDoo
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I just got off the phone with c&c and my fears were confirmed. Due to the custom build of the seat ( forward reach, internal backrest hardware, and custom tuck and roll cover) the only fix is to redo it completely. Not a cheap fix. No blame goes to c&c because they built it to my specs. I only wish I would have rode it instead of confirming the seat build with only sitting on it parked. I have a feeling a mustang is in my near future. If anyone wants a forward reach tuck and roll gold sparkle vinyl two up seat with backrest and sissy bar pad let me know.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:17 PM
DLSSOJC
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThrasherDoo
Well I just got off the phone with c&c and my fears were confirmed. Due to the custom build of the seat ( forward reach, internal backrest hardware, and custom tuck and roll cover) the only fix is to redo it completely. Not a cheap fix. No blame goes to c&c because they built it to my specs. I only wish I would have rode it instead of confirming the seat build with only sitting on it parked. I have a feeling a mustang is in my near future. If anyone wants a forward reach tuck and roll gold sparkle vinyl two up seat with backrest and sissy bar pad let me know.
You could keep it for your short rides and running around local. I have 3 totally different seat set-ups for different occasions and situations.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:04 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The thing about seats is not everyone likes the same thing.

Personally think C&C are very comfortable. Did a iron butt on my Dyna with a Fastback with no issues and love the solo on my street glide with lots of long trips in the books.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:14 PM
ThrasherDoo
Novice

Originally Posted by bberck
The thing about seats is not everyone likes the same thing.

Personally think C&C are very comfortable. Did a iron butt on my Dyna with a Fastback with no issues and love the solo on my street glide with lots of long trips in the books.
Yeah that's my main reason I posted. I needed to know if it was just me or not. No seats have ever gave me butt burn like everyone seems to mention. It's always been my back. Apes helped the upper back/ shoulder area. The lower/mid back was always sore but the c&c seat amplified it to excruciating. Of course the VA says I'm fine coz they're scared I'll claim it when all I really wanna do is ride comfortable. That's a topic for a different thread through.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:39 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Please post a pic of this seat. I am in the market and C&C is at the top of the list. I would love to see their custom work.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:40 PM
ThrasherDoo
Novice

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Please post a pic of this seat. I am in the market and C&C is at the top of the list. I would love to see their custom work.
No problem. Soon as I get home.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:32 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ThrasherDoo
No problem. Soon as I get home.
Sorry it didn't work. everybody is different. I've ridden with my fastback for about 70,000 miles. I find it very comfortable. I moved it to this bike when I traded it. I've got lots of long days 500+ miles on it using the backrest.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I have similar back issues to you but I had the opposite problems with reach. I had C&C build a custom seat for me last and it is the only seat that I have ever had that put me back far enough for my legs to stretch out. I love the looks and the comfort is great for shorter rides but I started getting numbness on longer rides. I bought an Air Hawk R and it fixed the problem. I have heard that Russell Day Long seats are the most comfortable around but I personally couldn't stand the looks of them.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:48 AM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wife and I both have C&C's also.

Prior to the 300 mile trip, did you have any 100 mile trips under your belt or some shorter trips? I know for a fact that the first long ride of the year, coming out of the arctic tundra up here, is usually pretty rough. Takes a few of those then the long trips are cake. Having the backrest is a HUGE plus as well.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:36 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Sounds like C & C are doing there part to try to make a seat you want. Id try to work with them some more to get it right.

in my experience with C & C Ive always been satisfied. I have owned 3 fastbacks on a RK, Fatboy and RG and put total way over 60,000 miles total since 2004. the oldest seat bought in 2004 still looks great.

Seats are very subjective and what works for me may not for you. Best of luck getting something comfortable

Quick Reply: C&C seat comfort (long post)