Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duals without re-map?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007 | 01:57 PM
LOU
Cruiser
Default RE: Duals without re-map?

ORIGINAL: kdietz

My tune changed a lot when I went to True Duals.....I think you are messing with trouble.....go ahead and add what you want and get it dyno tuned....best money you can spend on your bike
Installed True Duals yesterday and my bike is definately going for a Race Tuner and Dyno next week. Noticed a big differance even from the stage one tune originally on the bike.

Old 04-08-2007 | 09:20 PM
Law Dawg
Road Warrior

If your going to install True Duals and slip-ons, might be a good idea to get a tune. Only you know how your scoot is/will run. If you don't get the tune may run leaner and hotter. Hell you spent the money for the pipes spent a little extra for the Hi-Flow an some type of tuner, eg, PCIII, SERT, etc, you'll be happy in the long run

Old 04-08-2007 | 09:33 PM
sligarn5
Cruiser

Okay, here's a question for Retired Ted, or anyone else that knows...I have Wild Pigs, stock headers, PCIII and a K&N filter. This set-up has been dynoed and I agree that it was a good thing that I did it. Now, let's just say that (hypothetically speaking, of course, since I just bought wheels for the scoot and told my wife that it would be the last purchase!) I wanted to switch the stock headers to the Fulsacs or V&H true duals...do I need to have it re-dynoed?

Old 04-08-2007 | 09:53 PM
skypilot7103
Novice

Installed a true dual conversion with stock pipes and air cleaner no map, lost all low end torque and also lost 5 miles to a gallon. Removed the next day and went back to stock. Did not want to add power commander or sert. 03 FLHTI runs good enough for this old geezer, but thought it would look a little better and keep some heat down below. Hope this helps. You'd have to change the fuel supply to make it run right. I tried to pass on the highway and all I had was a hand full of thottle with no go in the torque department.

Old 04-09-2007 | 12:07 AM
sligarn5
Cruiser

Thanks...like I said this is a very hypothetical question for me. I am happy with the bike the way it is, but I am a tinkerer.

Old 04-09-2007 | 04:06 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: slojoh

ORIGINAL: Retired_Ted

you all know that these dealers DO NOT put your bike on a dyno to tune it. th s/e race tuner is nothing more than a key so they can do a download to you existing ecm!!!!!!! big screw job but wtf you dont have a choice.
I assume this was supposed to be funny - made me laugh anyway. LOL
no it wasnt supposed to be funny. Took the bike in to have the stage one installed , and i asked him about the so called dyno tuning,he said all they really do is use the race tuner to download to your existing ecm and he gave me the race tuner back.My point is that these dealers in arizona area basically quote $800. for a race tuner and dyno tune, but the dyno tune is just a download.
FIND ANOTHER DEALER!!!

Old 04-09-2007 | 04:22 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Retired_Ted

you all know that these dealers DO NOT put your bike on a dyno to tune it. th s/e race tuner is nothing more than a key so they can do a download to you existing ecm!!!!!!! big screw job but wtf you dont have a choice.
I assume this was supposed to be funny - made me laugh anyway. LOL
no it wasnt supposed to be funny. Took the bike in to have the stage one installed , and i asked him about the so called dyno tuning,he said all they really do is use the race tuner to download to your existing ecm and he gave me the race tuner back.My point is that these dealers in arizona area basically quote $800. for a race tuner and dyno tune, but the dyno tune is just a download.
Wow, if I were you I would find a new dealer, you do not even need a race tuner for the dealer to install a download. They have all the proper equipment to do that. The race tuner is only used for dyno tuning. My dealer will install a download for $150.00 if thats all you want. Most people do dyno tunes to get the most performance they can from there upgrades.

For $800.00 dollars here you will get exactly what you pay for, a SERT and a dyno tune.

For $150.00 you will get a factory map. AgainI would find another dealer. It's dealer like that who give the other's a bad rep.