Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'14 SGS Black Denim all done up

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 08:50 PM
gasparm
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pjb
Harley must of had their own notes because it looks like you bought mostly their parts. Lol
Looks good
Sort of. I spent months going through the 2014 HD catalog selecting 3 pages literally of upgrades.

96% of the build was straight out of the Harley Catalog, but I hand selected every part. Anything on the bike that was chrome went out to powder coat and because the bike was almost literally down to the frame it made sense to make so many changes like the CVO fender, the extended bags, SE Cams, SE pushrods and so on.

The only things on the bike that are not original HD parts is the BaggerNation 12" bars (cables aren't HD also), Vance&Hines HiOutput w/ 4" blackouts, J&M inner fairing antenna and CycleSmiths floorboards.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:07 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

looks good. i always liked the denim black. in fact, it was the denim black paint that caused me to buy my 2010 roadglide.

but i do have to admit, the gist of your op made me think of 2 things. first, pretty arrogant to think that your bike is the end all be all of sgs's and second, do you really want the moco making a bazillion bikes just like yours?

Old 05-17-2014, 09:22 PM
gasparm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by skratch
looks good. i always liked the denim black. in fact, it was the denim black paint that caused me to buy my 2010 roadglide.

but i do have to admit, the gist of your op made me think of 2 things. first, pretty arrogant to think that your bike is the end all be all of sgs's and second, do you really want the moco making a bazillion bikes just like yours?
Good points. The intent hopefully and I know better that HD could care less about what I think is to just give an idea to HD for possibly an Ultra or CVO with Denim Black that would give others a better base to start with. And by all means my SGS is the end all be all for "ME". It does not have to be the end all be all for anyone else. Thanks for the constructive criticism though, seriously appreciated.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:44 AM
motolocopat
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

very nice congrats

Old 05-18-2014, 04:55 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That's sweet!

Old 05-18-2014, 08:07 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by gasparm
Good points. The intent hopefully and I know better that HD could care less about what I think is to just give an idea to HD for possibly an Ultra or CVO with Denim Black that would give others a better base to start with. And by all means my SGS is the end all be all for "ME". It does not have to be the end all be all for anyone else. Thanks for the constructive criticism though, seriously appreciated.
no criticism intended. i didn't want it to come across that way. your bike should be the end all/be all for you. thats why we do what we do

your bike is very nice, and that new tourpack sure does hold a lot of stuff the new chopped actually has more ci space than the old king. i never have a bsr, so the old chopped is actually plenty for me, and i have it up in the solo position. just looks way back there in the 2 up position.

i do like the banana boards. with my short legs, my heels are often hanging off the back of the stock boards. would be nice to be able to extend the board back and have more room. but (in my case), that heel shifter would have to go, esp. sticking out there in the middle of the board like that...

Old 05-18-2014, 08:15 AM
Jprez
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 words... BAD ***

Old 05-18-2014, 12:23 PM
JC0311
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you did an outstanding job making your street glide special into your vision. I did something similar with mine, I did mostly HD parts. My next mods are the agitator wheels, HD CVO bags and fender, possibly BOOM audio all around. Here's a few shots of mine.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:18 PM
gasparm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by skratch
no criticism intended. i didn't want it to come across that way. your bike should be the end all/be all for you. thats why we do what we do

your bike is very nice, and that new tourpack sure does hold a lot of stuff the new chopped actually has more ci space than the old king. i never have a bsr, so the old chopped is actually plenty for me, and i have it up in the solo position. just looks way back there in the 2 up position.

i do like the banana boards. with my short legs, my heels are often hanging off the back of the stock boards. would be nice to be able to extend the board back and have more room. but (in my case), that heel shifter would have to go, esp. sticking out there in the middle of the board like that...
Thanks for the comments. I agree the tour pack carry's a ton. I should be able to pack it to the gill for this coming up weekend ride down to DC for Rolling Thunder.

Possibly next winter I may invest in a chopped tour pack for some local riding. I find I stuff my bags with to much and still need a little more room and the King TP for local riding is just out of control...lol...

The banana boards I came by accidentally and they are nice, but I do have to say they are not as wide as I hoped they'd be.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:21 PM
gasparm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JC0311
I think you did an outstanding job making your street glide special into your vision. I did something similar with mine, I did mostly HD parts. My next mods are the agitator wheels, HD CVO bags and fender, possibly BOOM audio all around. Here's a few shots of mine.

JC0311; your ride looks very nice also. Trust me if you decide to think about new bags and fenders, you might want to consider TopShops stuff. I was just in such a rush I went with the CVO Fender and Ext. HD bags, but if I could do it over I would have gone with TopShop. Don't get me wrong though the CVO Fender and Ext Bags are also very very nice.

Quick Reply: '14 SGS Black Denim all done up