Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'14 SGS Black Denim all done up

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 04:01 PM
Allison Wunderland
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Street Glide, 2010 FLHX -- Opted for "primer" on the fairing lowers because "custom color" was another $200, and mostly I want the lowers for function, not looks.

HD Air Zeppelin saddle. New Vance & Hines install here. I thought about black manifold and slip ons, and decided the chrome is more durable. The old manifold and slip-on are in the bag, strapped to the luggage rack.

I'm not seeing many bikes in Denim Black -- as in I've seen mine, and that's about it. Nice practical finish. I don't worry about it, dings, scratches, spilled gas, bugs . . .

Last edited by Allison Wunderland; 05-17-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:05 PM
mp535th
Tourer

Looks good

Old 05-17-2014, 06:13 PM
Colorido
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gasparm
So after months and months of contemplating (all winter long pretty much) between what to do with an Ultra or even a CVO Ultra, neither were in line with what I wanted out of a really nice touring bike with super flexibility. I really like the denim black first and neither the Ultra's or CVO line had that for me. So I started where I did with a Street Glide. I have another bike that is already all chromed out and that wasn't the route I wanted for this bike. I can go from a weekly cruiser to a full out long touring bike in under 5min and back the other way in the same time.

Makes sense. It's amazing what color and paint can do to us. I searched all over the country for my bike. I was dead set on a Psychadelic purple Street Glide...and also wanted it with the 103", security, and ABS brakes...all optional on the '11s. By the time I found it, I was already negotiating on a 2012 that had all of that standard and less mileage...I had a great deal going on the '12...but I left it all on the table to buy the Purple bike. I may upgrade my stereo and add lowers eventually, but the bike came with the King TP and I use it/love it a lot more than I thought I would. Its on and off in less than 3 minutes and I love the flexibility.

You've built one mean lookin touring machine there

Old 05-17-2014, 06:22 PM
40Cent
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicely done... What did you do to fill in the holes from removing the stoke rear view mirrors in the fairing???

Old 05-17-2014, 06:23 PM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 439 Likes on 248 Posts

Harley must of had their own notes because it looks like you bought mostly their parts. Lol
Looks good

Old 05-17-2014, 06:25 PM
sycle1
Tourer

Awesome job, very nice!

Old 05-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Colorido
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Mirrors would look a bit better maybe if you had shorter stems?
Kinda up there?
Maybe it's the short windshield or the high handlebars that make them look like that?

King tour pack?
That is huge.
I love my King TP. On shorter trips, I can leave half of it unused for luggage and secure my full face in it on stops. And for the long trips, the extra luggage space is great to have. I used to strap all my gear to a sissy bar luggage rack...having the King TP is a major upgrade.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:34 PM
gasparm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Mirrors would look a bit better maybe if you had shorter stems?
Kinda up there?
Maybe it's the short windshield or the high handlebars that make them look like that?

King tour pack?
That is huge.
Totally agree on the mirrors. I was looking at some lower profile ones, but haven't really found any I personally like.

Yep it's a King TP. I use it on long trips like this coming up weekend to Rolling Thunder.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:40 PM
gasparm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Colorido
Makes sense. It's amazing what color and paint can do to us. I searched all over the country for my bike. I was dead set on a Psychadelic purple Street Glide...and also wanted it with the 103", security, and ABS brakes...all optional on the '11s. By the time I found it, I was already negotiating on a 2012 that had all of that standard and less mileage...I had a great deal going on the '12...but I left it all on the table to buy the Purple bike. I may upgrade my stereo and add lowers eventually, but the bike came with the King TP and I use it/love it a lot more than I thought I would. Its on and off in less than 3 minutes and I love the flexibility.

You've built one mean lookin touring machine there
Amen to the King TP, the wife likes it to for the long rides.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:42 PM
gasparm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 40Cent
Nicely done... What did you do to fill in the holes from removing the stoke rear view mirrors in the fairing???
So that was a very tough situation. No one makes plugs for them yet, so I ended up ordering a Classic inner fairing that doesn't have the holes.

The good things is everything that came off the bike is being resold on ebay.

Quick Reply: '14 SGS Black Denim all done up