Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help - New LED Daylighter Aux Light Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 12:28 PM
Stephen Chapman
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help - New LED Daylighter Aux Light Problems

LED Daymaker Spotlight (Aux Lights ) PROBLEMS I have an 06 FLHRI, I recently upgraded the headlight and aux lights to the LED Daymakers. Cost almost $1,000 for the upgrade and now having issues with the Aux lights (Spot lights) only.

It takes about 2 minutes for the lights to warm up and then they start to flicker on and off and seem to dim drastically with the rev of the throttle. They are fine at idle, then they flicker when the engine revs up. I thought I may have a short but I hooked up the old light and they didnt do it. I exchanged the "flickering" lights for new ones and they did it as well!

PLEASE if anyone has had this problem or recommendations please share! It's driving me crazy!

Old 05-13-2014, 12:55 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

what circuit are the lights wired to stock ? did you trade wires "one for one" ?

I'd suggest you check the grounding- there is probably a ground wu=ire attached by the frame neck, loosen and re-tighten that.

you could also run a ground wire all the way back to the battery at least temporary to test whther the grounding is the problem.

mike

Old 05-13-2014, 05:33 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,240 Likes on 1,851 Posts

I know there was a bulletin on the daymaker lights and needing a digital technician flash due to voltage issues, but I think that was for dyna's and softails. Might be along the same lines though.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:06 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 2008 rocker c. I am running a fat bob dual headlight bucket with two daymaker passing lamps as headlights. Heres how I ran the wiring, I took the wires (4 wires total, 2 grounds and 2 hot for each light). I took those and wired the two grounds to each other and the two hot leads to each other.

I then took those two leads and ran the grounds from the lights to the ground on the stock headlight plug and did the same thing with the hot leads and wired that to the high beam in the stock headlight plug.

I noticed today for the first time that one of the lights turned off for a brief second and then came right back on. The bike was sitting in my driveway still running.

I've been running this setup for a couple of months now and this is the first time I've noticed it.

Here's a picture of my setup on the bike.

I'd love to hear if anyone has any info on what the problem might be.

Attached Thumbnails Please Help - New LED Daylighter Aux Light Problems-image.jpg