Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seats, lets get down to it...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 03:12 PM
Curlybill
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

C and c seats. Down and back one inch. Just bought one for for an 06 Electra.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:45 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Brawler solo and run it all thetime. When I bought it I figured Id just use it around town and swap on the the touring seat for longer trips but I ended up just keeping it on all the time.... Once it broke in its really comfortable and Ive had no problems riding 8 a 9 hours at a stretch for week longtrips. How the seat helps you fit the the bike, controls and bars is really more important than how "cushy" it is. Proper posture and seating position will carry you a lot further than than a giant air blimp seat will. Firm is better. Plus The Brawler will get you as close as any seat to that "sitting n the bike" feel

Last edited by CRF; 05-13-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:30 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My 3rd C & C solo, won't go with anything else.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:39 AM
Proaction14
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 3 seats, modified MCC stock seat, DG Speedcradle and Brawler. DG seat is by far the most comfortable, and it really makes you feel like you're down in the bike instead of perched up on top of it. Makes me feel like I'm in a So-Cal lowrider when I riding, love it.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:44 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

C&C solo with backrest....down an inch and back an inch. When I put the stock seat on after riding with my C&C...it feels awful....which shows me how much down and back that C&C really puts me, because the stock makes me feel like I'm crammed forward and sitting on top of the empire state building.

I can't ride much without the backrest due to some prior military injuries....but also because I'm an aggressive rider and tend to slide back without the backrest on accelaration

Old 05-14-2014, 08:33 AM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 64 Posts

SmokingDave.. You have anymore pics of that seat? I like those C&C seats, but I hate their damn website lol... Which seat are you running?

Old 05-14-2014, 10:05 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I would say it depends on who responds with similar spine issues. For example, I have degenerative disk issues that requires meds to manage pain requiring me not stand, sit and work too strenuously. My seat needs and the posts I pay the most attention to must be from those with similar maladies. Too often, the poster does not specify the condition of their spine which negates a recommendation.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:16 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by sfcmo357
C&C solo with backrest....down an inch and back an inch. When I put the stock seat on after riding with my C&C...it feels awful....which shows me how much down and back that C&C really puts me, because the stock makes me feel like I'm crammed forward and sitting on top of the empire state building.

I can't ride much without the backrest due to some prior military injuries....but also because I'm an aggressive rider and tend to slide back without the backrest on accelaration
Sergeant, thats information someone with back issues can use, thanks for mentioning that.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:20 AM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 64 Posts

Tucci as of right now "knocks on wood" I have no health or back issues, other than a beer gut and having flat feet Im fairly healthy.... I think

Old 05-15-2014, 08:51 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm 6'3"/35" inseam, 220# and really like my Mustang super solo. It sits me back just a bit and has plenty of room to move around. The studded seat looks very nice with a solo luggage rack. I've owned Mustang/Corbin/H-D seats and found the Mustangs to be just right.

Attached Thumbnails Seats, lets get down to it...-mvc-003f.jpg   Seats, lets get down to it...-mvc-004f.jpg  

Quick Reply: Seats, lets get down to it...