Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach Blow out

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014 | 08:11 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob
I've seen them throughout the city limits all week and once again not a hint of an issue. Most pull beside and wave or say "nice bike".
I'll bet I could get a ticket in my hometown in under 60 seconds if I rode like a DB.

"Act like and *ss hole get treated like an *ss hole".

Old 05-15-2014 | 08:00 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member

Been down since Saturday. Crowds growing every day. This is the most crowed I have seen it in 5 or 6 years.

Old 05-15-2014 | 08:16 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by mwegryn
Watch out for the cops! They have little or no tolerance for anything within city limits.
Guess that they don't need or want the $$$$..
Good way to run folks off.

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
I would be interested as well. Ever since the city chose to start writing guests and patrons of the rally "In City Helmet Law violation Tickets" all the folks I know quit going. Frankly, after the helmet law issue, I would never spend a penny in that entire area. But I at least hope the vendors who show up don't have to suffer because the city is run by complete anti-biker scumbags. Its my understanding that the courts summarily dismissed all the illegally written "riding without a helmet" tickets, but its the point that they tried to screw riders that gets me.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/4/7177...lmet-Law-.aspx
Harassment of any kind is not tolerated especially for petty offenses.

Old 05-15-2014 | 08:51 AM
bmwbutch
Advanced
Default 40 years

Been coming to this rally for 40 years. Just a 4 hour ride from home. Started coming when being a biker wasn't the bullsh*t of today. Yes, the city tried (and did) run us out of town, but the motel and bar owners thru them out of office. Most of them supported us all along. A lot of good bar owners lost their business and a lot of good people lost their jobs. To me it's like going to a bar for years and the someone else buys it, changes so your not welcome. The original owners buys it back. Just how many of the poster that slam it every time have even been here?

Old 05-15-2014 | 09:11 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bmwbutch
Been coming to this rally for 40 years. Just a 4 hour ride from home. Started coming when being a biker wasn't the bullsh*t of today. Yes, the city tried (and did) run us out of town, but the motel and bar owners thru them out of office. Most of them supported us all along. A lot of good bar owners lost their business and a lot of good people lost their jobs. To me it's like going to a bar for years and the someone else buys it, changes so your not welcome. The original owners buys it back. Just how many of the poster that slam it every time have even been here?
+1
I see a lot of naysayers always slamming Myrtle Beach. I think its one of the best supported rally's.
Hell even the Governor of the state is an ABATE member.

Old 05-15-2014 | 09:25 AM
bigjames4xl
Tourer

Originally Posted by orangevette
+1
I see a lot of naysayers always slamming Myrtle Beach. I think its one of the best supported rally's.
Hell even the Governor of the state is an ABATE member.

See packs a pistol too but I bet she's not in Myrtle Beach this week.

Old 05-15-2014 | 09:40 AM
Peirce1970
Cruiser

There is definitely an increase in vendors this year. A few set up on the first Friday and I heard that some were not allowed to set up until Monday. The rally as a whole is definitely getting bigger every year.

Old 05-15-2014 | 02:08 PM
TLONG
Advanced

There is more coming in everyday (riders and vendors). The cops are not what everybody says, maybe back in the day when they were pushed to aggravate the riders but i have had NO PROBLEMS or seen really no problems with them. But there is a lot of bikers getting wet today, it has rained mostly all day.

Old 05-15-2014 | 02:09 PM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Old 05-15-2014 | 02:38 PM
CipoWins42
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TLONG
There is more coming in everyday (riders and vendors). The cops are not what everybody says, maybe back in the day when they were pushed to aggravate the riders but i have had NO PROBLEMS or seen really no problems with them. But there is a lot of bikers getting wet today, it has rained mostly all day.
The cops have very few problems to deal with during this week and don't mind it. Never heard any complaints from them, most say they enjoy seeing the bikes and people. Memorial Day week is a different matter. Way bigger crowds and problems.

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach Blow out