Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach Blow out

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014 | 07:46 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter
Veteran: Army

I think you just need to know where to go, plenty of the bigger venders where there on Sat. A few where still setting up but its definitely not like it use to be. Maybe next weekend will be better? And most of the bigger venders were in N Myrtle.

Old 05-12-2014 | 07:54 AM
ironhead3fan
Road Master

I'll be riding down tomorrow. Got a buddy who lives in Florence, so I have a free place to stay. Haven't been there in a few years, looking forward to stretching out the bike for the first time this year. Wonder how many will trailer their bikes to bike week? Get on those bikes and ride!!!

Old 05-13-2014 | 08:47 AM
Noble Jim
|
Road Master

Update: We rode to Charleston/Isle of Palms yesterday. On the way down, no change in vendor set-ups. On our return, it was like night and day. The HD shop on the south end was exploding with tents and vendors, lots more were set up in NMB. We'll see today what is happening. Maybe I judged it a bit early.

Old 05-13-2014 | 09:08 AM
Rockgeezer
Tourer

Local paper reports that Horry County issued 75 vendor permits for last year and this year they are up to almost 100 so definitely an increase in vendor participation. Also, hotels are showing an increase in booked rooms for this week so things are improving although numbers will probably never be back to pre-2008 numbers. Utilizing the racetrack worked well last year and is good to get back to as in previous years. All in all, the numbers and revenue are fairly healthy recently.

Old 05-13-2014 | 10:25 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Rockgeezer
Local paper reports that Horry County issued 75 vendor permits for last year and this year they are up to almost 100 so definitely an increase in vendor participation. Also, hotels are showing an increase in booked rooms for this week so things are improving although numbers will probably never be back to pre-2008 numbers. Utilizing the racetrack worked well last year and is good to get back to as in previous years. All in all, the numbers and revenue are fairly healthy recently.
I'm not sure the hotel numbers have to do with with the rally or not but when i was leaving to head home on Sat night there was a line of traffic coming into Myrtle with cars and trucks like it was spring break! would like to go back down this weekend to see what the place looks like now with more venders?

Old 05-13-2014 | 11:35 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

The weather is going to crap on Thursday but nice after that. I got hit twice in some downpours on Sunday that sucked a big one.

Old 05-13-2014 | 11:47 AM
mwegryn
Road Warrior

Watch out for the cops! They have little or no tolerance for anything within city limits.

Old 05-13-2014 | 09:04 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by mwegryn
Watch out for the cops! They have little or no tolerance for anything within city limits.
I've seen them throughout the city limits all week and once again not a hint of an issue. Most pull beside and wave or say "nice bike".

Old 05-14-2014 | 04:03 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

I would hate to see how much money the area has lost since the city tried to kill the bike rally. They use to get 300,000+ bikes and no where close now.

Old 05-14-2014 | 07:15 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by BadX
I would hate to see how much money the area has lost since the city tried to kill the bike rally. They use to get 300,000+ bikes and no where close now.
I would be interested as well. Ever since the city chose to start writing guests and patrons of the rally "In City Helmet Law violation Tickets" all the folks I know quit going. Frankly, after the helmet law issue, I would never spend a penny in that entire area. But I at least hope the vendors who show up don't have to suffer because the city is run by complete anti-biker scumbags. Its my understanding that the courts summarily dismissed all the illegally written "riding without a helmet" tickets, but its the point that they tried to screw riders that gets me.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/4/7177...lmet-Law-.aspx

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach Blow out