Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Utra- anyone lowered yet? Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 04:26 PM
{Durf}
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Utra- anyone lowered yet? Need advice

Hey all,

I'm buying a 2014 Ultra Classic June 1st and putting together my list of add-ons, etc. A buddy of mine bought his a few weeks ago and lowered his shocks before taking delivery. Dealer told him NOT to go with the Street Glide air shocks because people had reported problems mixing them, and they instead steered him towards a spring shock that lowered the scoot 1" like the SG's (which was his goal). As luck would have it, the first time he rode 2-up and came over to show it off, as he entered my driveway and went over the curb he bottomed out and chipped his brand new aftermarket pipes! Not serious or noticeable, but you can imagine the reaction.

I've been reading and can't find much about it. Has anyone lowered their 2014 Touring bike, and if so, what shocks were used/recommended and of course feedback is appreciated. I have read about the Progressive shocks, but I just want to be damn sure before I scrap the stock air shock system that comes with the bike.

I currently ride a 2010 Ultra Peace Officer with stock shocks. Yes, they have been great for me, but I have *always* commented to others about how high I sit on that bike and have never liked it. Hence the reason for considering lowering this one. It's a costly mistake if I bugger it up with the wrong decision, so everyone's feedback is seriously appreciated here.

I suppose 2013 models fall in the same bracket unless there were some major change to the 13-14 frame models.....no idea. Thanks in advance!

-Durf