Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Have you wanted this option and find this to be the solution?
Yes
50.00%
No
50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

iPhone HDPDPlus 2 Bluetooth Solution with Fully Functional Handlebar Controls

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 08:10 AM
gardnermc
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default iPhone HDPDPlus 2 Bluetooth Solution with Fully Functional Handlebar Controls

I have been looking for a Bluetooth solution to use with my HDPDPlus that would connect my iPhone to my HDPDPlus 2 via Bluetooth and have fully functional handlebar controls to the iPhone just as if the iPhone was plugged into 30 Pin connector. I bought the ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adaptor for in-car iPod Integration (Audi, Volkswagen, Mercedes etc) off of Amazon for $89. You just plug the device into the 30 Pin connector of the HDPDPlus 2 cable, pair it with your phone, and your iPhone will work just fine to play your music with full handlebar control of playlists, song selection, etc. If your phone rings while playing music, the music just goes silent while the phone rings...you do not hear the ring through the motorcycle speakers. This device allows you also to use the iPhone's GPS while playing music. I have tried other and cheaper Bluetooth 30 pin receivers that will play music but give no handlebar controls. This one is designed for German cars will full Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP 1.4) and provides handlebar controls. Basically, the cheap Bluetooth 30 pin receivers do not carry this profile designed for German cars and do not give full handlebar control functionality. The Tune2air WMA1000 works perfectly.

Attached Thumbnails iPhone HDPDPlus 2 Bluetooth Solution with Fully Functional Handlebar Controls-71gxur-abll._sl1500_.jpg  
Old 05-10-2014, 09:10 AM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks like a great solution to a problem I didn't know I had. I would imagine that for using your iPhone for both music and a gps, it would work well. But, by plugging in to my aftermarket head unit with the aux port, I have better fidelity and can control the volume with my bar controls. If I had a factory unit without an aux-in, this sounds like a clean solution. How to you deal with keeping the battery on your phone charged?

Old 05-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Tinman265
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gardnermc
I have been looking for a Bluetooth solution to use with my HDPDPlus that would connect my iPhone to my HDPDPlus 2 via Bluetooth and have fully functional handlebar controls to the iPhone just as if the iPhone was plugged into 30 Pin connector. I bought the ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adaptor for in-car iPod Integration (Audi, Volkswagen, Mercedes etc) off of Amazon for $89. You just plug the device into the 30 Pin connector of the HDPDPlus 2 cable, pair it with your phone, and your iPhone will work just fine to play your music with full handlebar control of playlists, song selection, etc. If your phone rings while playing music, the music just goes silent while the phone rings...you do not hear the ring through the motorcycle speakers. This device allows you also to use the iPhone's GPS while playing music. I have tried other and cheaper Bluetooth 30 pin receivers that will play music but give no handlebar controls. This one is designed for German cars will full Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP 1.4) and provides handlebar controls. Basically, the cheap Bluetooth 30 pin receivers do not carry this profile designed for German cars and do not give full handlebar control functionality. The Tune2air WMA1000 works perfectly.
I am curious...... What is the purpose of Bluetooth using the 30 pin connector.... Why not just use 30 pin directly to the phone. It all works and charges the phone too.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:14 PM
gardnermc
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I am riding long distance with the tour pak mounted, I just charge it in the tour oak using the auxiliary power. Otherwise, it does drain the battery especial in GPS mode, but I prefer to keep my iPhone out of the weather and in my jacket. Also, with the iPhone in my pocket, when I start my bike the device and iPhone automatically pair, and begin playing music...I have to do nothing.