Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone go From a Heritage classic to a Street glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007 | 02:36 PM
Mathews2
|
Road Warrior
Default anyone go From a Heritage classic to a Street glide

Anyone made the swap from A heritage classic to the street glide. Or from other softail to a street glide. Any problem with the swap. wish you had not of swapped?. ETC. Some may have seen my post on My wife not being real comfortable on the heritage as a passenger. Seriously looking at getting a new street glide. What do ya think. Love My Heritage , but want the wife to enjoy the ride as well. And want her to feel comfortable and relaxed.

Old 03-29-2007 | 03:39 PM
uniondog
Advanced
Default RE: anyone go From a Heritage classic to a Street glide

If ya really want your wife to enjoy the ride with you it sounds like your going to have to do something.
The questions is which glide - Street , Road, Electra Classic or Electra Ultra.

I have the Ultra - wife loves it. Roadglide is a few bucks less and I think its the best ride of all the glides - but you got to do what make you feel best - The Standard is the best value and over time you can turn it into a Street Glide peice by peice.

Good luck in what ever you choose - your wife (as a co-rider) will like the ride of any of the above mentioned bikes better than the heritage

respect

UD

Old 03-29-2007 | 03:42 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

This is just my 2 cents. If you ride alot with your wife and shes not comfortable on a Heritage, I think I would be looking at a Classic or An Ultra.

OK StreetGliders, you can beat me up now.

Old 03-29-2007 | 03:47 PM
IceHeritage
Road Master

I went from a Heritage to a Road Glide

Old 03-29-2007 | 03:49 PM
IceHeritage
Road Master

My Wife and Kids love the Ride of my Road Glide

Old 03-29-2007 | 04:15 PM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain

If your wife doesn't like the Heritage ride and you are looking for comfort I wouldn't go with an SG. The Ultra is probably your best bet if you are looking for comfort. I don't think an SG was made with comfort as it's number one priority. JMO.

Old 03-29-2007 | 04:27 PM
SMenasco
Road Master

I went from a Heritage to an Ultra. Not sorry, wouldn't go back.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/640D37A4D31E43189BA6645589C84143.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-29-2007 | 04:37 PM
DrLove907
Cruiser

I have a 98' heritage and a new SG. I passed the heritage down to the Missus and she's enrolled to start the MSF course soon. I love my SG, I love the ride and there are endless design possibilites with it. I will never go back but I will be taking "Precious" out for a spin every now and then because It's fun to ride. If theres a comfort issue with your Missus I suggest you get a EG Classic, I think the MSRP comes in a little under a SG and ithas a few more stock creature comforts than the SG.

Old 03-29-2007 | 04:50 PM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior

I went from a heritage to a SG.it wasn't for the same reason.i want the hardbag look and the radio and the bike in general to me looks awesome.i had some regrets 1 being that the heritage was my 1st harley.but i'm over it a little.i suggest that you go with a different seat for your wife.my daugher rides sometimes and she complain about the seat so i went with the comfort stitch seat from hd.

Old 03-29-2007 | 04:50 PM
rgerber
Road Master

Went went from a Heritage to an Ultra and have never looked back. There, for us, is no comparison in the ride and comfort between the two bikes. Most all of our rides are 300 to 500 putts and the Heritage beat us both to death...

Quick Reply: anyone go From a Heritage classic to a Street glide