Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eliminating a 2009 tail light- Street glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014 | 06:08 AM
Bigdaddychopshop
|
Novice
Default Eliminating a 2009 tail light- Street glide

I am a bit obsessed with this. I have spent hours searching. I can't find what I am after. Here is the deal:

I have a 2009 Street Glide. I want to eliminate the huge tail light (I know, its easier to see). I want to keep my turn signals. I will be using the lower light for tail and brake.

Is it possible? Is there a "KIT", or am I on my own? I dont mind doing the fab work, but dont want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

Someone else has done this I'm sure. No, I dont want to buy a 2010 up fender. Not going to do that mess.

I want the 2010 look for cheap. Help a brother out.

Old 05-01-2014 | 09:27 AM
ryanshaw07
Cruiser

Interested as well. I've searched but cannot find a straight forward answer

Old 05-01-2014 | 10:08 AM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member

Pick up a '10-'13 SG rear fender and light bar. Or weld up the taillight hole in your fender and repaint.

Old 05-01-2014 | 01:06 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior

I would pick up a 2010-'13 fender, you should be able to pick one up for $200 or under. If your lucky get one the same color as your bike. There out there, lots of the CVO conversions being done. Road Glide or Street Glide. A few for sale in the classifieds here, Craigslist, or check ebay. I just sold this setup for $225, originally found it on CL for less $.

Attached Thumbnails Eliminating a 2009 tail light- Street glide-dscf1001.jpg  

Last edited by DanDman; 05-01-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-01-2014 | 01:19 PM
SFDonovan
Cruiser

Funny, I want to do the exact opposite and add a taillight from Custom Dynamics.

Old 05-01-2014 | 01:29 PM
Bigdaddychopshop
|
Novice

Originally Posted by SFDonovan
Funny, I want to do the exact opposite and add a taillight from Custom Dynamics.

Well bud, if that is your bike in the pic, we can just swap fenders. I have a Red Hot Sunglo 09. LOL

In all seriousness, I KNOW i can swap fenders. That is not on the cheap, or weld it, but that is not easily reversible. But since there is a reading comprehension issue in this thread, I will figure it out. and when I do, I will be sure to post up.

Thanks.

Old 05-01-2014 | 01:36 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bigdaddychopshop
But since there is a reading comprehension issue in this thread, I will figure it out.
Damn newb, mellow out.

Only seems like people are trying to help ya here.

Old 05-01-2014 | 01:44 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bigdaddychopshop
Well bud, if that is your bike in the pic, we can just swap fenders. I have a Red Hot Sunglo 09. LOL

In all seriousness, I KNOW i can swap fenders. That is not on the cheap, or weld it, but that is not easily reversible. But since there is a reading comprehension issue in this thread, I will figure it out. and when I do, I will be sure to post up.

Thanks.
How are you going to cover the big square hole left when you remove the tail light? I don't see how you can get any cheaper then swapping fenders.

Last edited by DanDman; 05-01-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2014 | 01:57 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by DanDman
lots of the CVO conversions being done.
This would be the way I would go

Old 05-01-2014 | 03:16 PM
Bigdaddychopshop
|
Novice

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid
Damn newb, mellow out.

Only seems like people are trying to help ya here.
NEWb?, I hate that ****. Been riding longer than a lot of folks out there. Anyway, yeah, its not a help when you say the stuff I have covered as "I don't want to to this". Not a help at all.

Anyway, when I get it figured out, yeah, I'll post up. If I don't, I'll post up. Yaffee figured it out. I just want to keep the signals. I'll get it too.

For the record, not pissed, just irked that folks don't read. Telling me the same crap I just posted as "I want to do it anotherway from this" is seriously not a help. Who would think it is?

Quick Reply: Eliminating a 2009 tail light- Street glide