Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've been had on eBay for the first time.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 08:35 PM
RIDERED67
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You were mislead and I would have to believe that the seller did it intentionally. He blew you you away with the auction titled "floor board insertS" and included the harley part number for a PAIR of inserts. You had to read the fine print to understand that you were only getting one insert. If you were using ebay mobile you could have purchased the item straight from the title screen without viewing the description.

Now me personally I wont buy an item until I have studied the description up, down, left and right 6 times but im out of my mind. I would have immediately noticed that there was only one floor board in the pictures and that would have made me investigate further.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:04 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

UPDATE:

Got this email from PayPal:

After carefully reviewing your case, we've determined that you'll be eligible for a refund (including handling and shipping) once you've returned the merchandise to the seller.

Once you have returned the merchandise, you will be covered under PayPal Buyer Protection and eligible to receive a full refund.

I also left the appropriate negative feedback.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:19 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That's great news. Congratulations! This thread has restored my faith in Paypal.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:56 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I purchased a set of SE255 Cams "practically new" from a guy on Fleabay. A couple of years ago.

He shipped them in a fkn manilla envelope with no protection! Looked like they fell out of the UPS truck and bounced down the highway for a few miles.

Who does that? The guy f'd himself out of 150$ or whatever it was I paid for them.

Paypal refunded me.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:40 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I think paypal will decide in your favor. I bought a seat off a forum member here that wasn't as he described. It took awhile, but they decided in my favor. Filed with my credit card company too. I still got screwed but did it to myself. I never fitted the seat to my bike. After the dispute was decided in my favor, the seller contacted me and I bought the seat at a reduced price. Then went out to put it on the bike and it didn't fit right. It will work, but if you slide it all the way forward the rear bracket is about a half inch forward of the hole at the back of the seat. It is for sale. It is a HD Tallboy seat, maybe it is the right seat for my bike, but I'm not convinced!

Old 05-08-2014, 03:28 AM
skiddd
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
UPDATE:

Got this email from PayPal:

After carefully reviewing your case, we've determined that you'll be eligible for a refund (including handling and shipping) once you've returned the merchandise to the seller.

Once you have returned the merchandise, you will be covered under PayPal Buyer Protection and eligible to receive a full refund.

I also left the appropriate negative feedback.

Good for you, I hate scammers. I wish anytime I was scammed or it was attempted I could confront the person face to face. it would be a different outcome I bet. I have 1175 transactions as a buyer and have had 3 issues, my money was refunded all 3 times. I have 513 as a seller, all are perfect as I don't scam people......... the only time I got taken was on here in the softail BST, it was a guy with the screen name "FURTRADER" he got me for around $30.00 but got some other for a lot more. I sent the money as a gift and was not eligible for coverage. Here's the thread me and others got screwed in............. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...long-list.html