Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've been had on eBay for the first time.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 07:17 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
Good luck. Paypal touts they are the safest way to complete transactions on eBay, but everything I've read on the internet suggests they are worthless when it comes to helping out on bad transactions.
I too have been buying on eBay for years with no problems but had to get the resolution center for 2 transactions this year. They decided in my favor both times and got my money back.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:37 AM
northernrunner
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ebay themselves should remedy your problems with sellers. Best to talk with them live, instead of emails. I have been buying and selling on ebay for 10+ years, and all issues have been resolved without paypal involvement. I have been screwed worse by local m/c shops, and the only recourse was small claims court (not free!). Always people out there that like to cheat & scam people, online, or in person.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:00 AM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
I have been buying stuff on ebay for years, and have never had a bad experience, until now.

I bought what I thought was a pair of floorboard inserts from seller harley_fat_boy_55, and only received 1. When I contacted them, they said the listing was for only 1. The title clearly states inserts (plural) and lists the part number which is sold in pairs.

I had to file a complaint with PayPal, hopefully they step up and get my money back. I guess if that doesn't work, I will contact my credit card company and dispute the charge.

OK, rant over. Just sharing, and watch out for this seller!
always ask! I am sure it will be resolved in your favor, but a communication requesting clarification to the seller is best. You will get your money back...never had an issue with ebay..

Old 05-02-2014, 11:16 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 20,256 Likes on 6,547 Posts

I sell more stuff on the Bay than I buy. On the rare occasion that someone bought something from me and complained PayPal ALWAYS sided with the Buyer not the me the Seller. Remember Ebay is a business and without paying customers they can't survive. The Seller rarely get's sided with at least in a few of my cases anyways.

Thanks for the heads up, hope everything works out.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:47 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by Rog48
Ah the old plural and singular. Ive been had like that recently. Needed a primary gasket for my ironhead. Noticed some sellers have packs of 2 or more for a little better price each. Found one for 2 (I thought) with free shipping, would come to a little over 7 bucks each. I only got one in the mail (14 bucks for one is not a good price). Contacted seller saying I only got one, in the title of the auction it says 2.........at least thats the way I read it. He said nope, X2 is not the quantity, its his part number.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=281314907133
Viewed the link..Awkward descriptions on sellers part in my opinion. X2 not meaning 2 ?

Old 05-03-2014, 08:25 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Nope, he said thats his part number.........sorry for the confusion. He did offer to sell me another at half price.............no thanks

Old 05-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Primetime_2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kklunder

you are being fu@#ed over, I'd be pissed, he clearly states 2 in one ad and 1 in the new ad. people like this should be slapped

Old 05-03-2014, 09:26 AM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vickers1
I too have been buying on eBay for years with no problems but had to get the resolution center for 2 transactions this year. They decided in my favor both times and got my money back.
That is good to hear. I've never had to dispute anything but have grown concerned over the years from what I've read from others. I'm glad it worked out for you and I hope it does for me if I ever need them. Hopefully they help out the OP.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:37 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 217 Likes on 103 Posts

Send richardhead a message telling him the take a return and refund your loot or youll do the neg feedback.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:59 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 541 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
I bought what I thought was a pair of floorboard inserts from seller harley_fat_boy_55, and only received 1. When I contacted them, they said the listing was for only 1. The title clearly states inserts (plural) and lists the part number which is sold in pairs.
I think you're SOL. The title is very misleading but the description and the picture were accurate.

Item Description:
Up for sale is a Harley footboard insert in GREAT condition.
Just needs a little polishing.
All nipples intact and great shape.
Please view all pictures closely. What you see is what you get.
Used, selling as is.

You do have to be careful when shopping on eBay, especially for used items.

Quick Reply: I've been had on eBay for the first time.