Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've been had on eBay for the first time.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 06:45 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Ah the old plural and singular. Ive been had like that recently. Needed a primary gasket for my ironhead. Noticed some sellers have packs of 2 or more for a little better price each. Found one for 2 (I thought) with free shipping, would come to a little over 7 bucks each. I only got one in the mail (14 bucks for one is not a good price). Contacted seller saying I only got one, in the title of the auction it says 2.........at least thats the way I read it. He said nope, X2 is not the quantity, its his part number.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=281314907133

Old 05-01-2014, 06:47 AM
Seafus
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm doubtful you were ordering the stock inserts, however if you were....
You can have my take-offs for nothing if needed. I have no use for them.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:54 AM
RIDERED67
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

We need to see the listing! I'm curious

Old 05-01-2014, 07:30 AM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 266 Likes on 138 Posts

Out of over 1200 transactions on ebay I've had 2 or 3 sellers try to pull a fast one on me. Filing dispute with paypal got my money back within a week on those few incidents.

But, you do need to read the fine print on listings. Descriptions can be misleading. Descriptions including "Take off" doesn't mean it's in new condition or even a HD brand part, and neither does a HD part number in the listing. Making assumptions can result in not getting what you expect. If there's any doubt, ask the seller and get documentation in case you don't get what they say it is.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:34 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by Rog48
Ah the old plural and singular. Ive been had like that recently. Needed a primary gasket for my ironhead. Noticed some sellers have packs of 2 or more for a little better price each. Found one for 2 (I thought) with free shipping, would come to a little over 7 bucks each. I only got one in the mail (14 bucks for one is not a good price). Contacted seller saying I only got one, in the title of the auction it says 2.........at least thats the way I read it. He said nope, X2 is not the quantity, its his part number.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=281314907133
This situation warrants a dispute and a resolution.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:40 AM
kklunder
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 05-01-2014, 08:17 AM
RussH
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

His title says "Inserts" with an "S" but down below his descripttion says "Insert". And also he only has one side pictured.

"Up for sale is a Harley footboard insert in GREAT condition"

Old 05-01-2014, 08:42 AM
OLDDEADEYE
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn you got scammed, I went through this with an engine I bought off of a supposed "power seller". I'll never deal with Fleabay or PayPal again.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:51 PM
qmann
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paypal has always helped me when required (3x). Noticed as of a few minutes ago, you have left no bad feedback. Do this to protect others. BTW, he has a 99.2% Rating, 5 bads out of 1781 over past year. Not sure what happened, but based on that rating I see why you would not of had any reservations on buying from him. Good Luck!!

Oh, my bad, did not see the part about waiting 7 days. Never experienced that, myself. Good to know.

Last edited by qmann; 05-01-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:10 PM
woodsietx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, I'm sorry to hear this happened.

Another long time ebayer here. Been a member since 1998 and have been involved with a couple thousand auctions. I've never sold anything there though.

He's kind of got ya on this one.That other auction example is kind of damning too since it has two in the picts. He'll say the description was for one even though the title implies two. The "what you see is what you get" comment in an auction with pictures actually taken by the seller is a strong hint too.

I'd still file a claim w Ebay though. Worse they can do it tell you no. You do need to place that negative feedback when you can. People do check it. Usually that's enough to get a seller to come around.

Based on my experience, I'd have asked up front before bidding. I hope this doesn't sour you on Ebay. There's tons of great deals on it.

Quick Reply: I've been had on eBay for the first time.