Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Grips

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 02:48 PM
fd2430
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Grips

Are they worth it? Price isn't too bad but I just want some feedback on riders that have them & if they would recommend them.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:50 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Heated Grips

gloves are better

Old 03-28-2007, 03:03 PM
ultraultra
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll hear both on here. I have the heated grips on my Ultra and on the wife's Deluxe. I've ridden the Ultra down to 14 degrees (20 miles to work), and the Deluxe down to about 24 degrees (same ride). My finger tips would get cold, but that's all. That's normal for me anyway (poor circulation in hands). I like being able to jump on the bike, hit the road, and turn the grips on as I go. If it's 40 degrees, I can turn it on low, and get a little extra comfort. I can wear ANY gloves, and don't have to run wires (other than the installation).

I ride with guys who have the heated gloves... they love them. it's just whatever flips your switch.

BTW.. Mine (on Ultra) have been on for 2 seasons.. no burn out. I've heard a couple horror stories of a burnout in a month. Doesn't sound right to me.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:19 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

They are great if you ride in cold weather or in the rain. Well worth the money for me,

Old 03-28-2007, 03:28 PM
wirednut
1st Gear

I have hotgrips.com but these are very nice and less expensive...
http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Ride..._grip_kit1.htm

They can be wired up in a couple of ways that make them really hot. They can be controlled via one of these...
http://hotgrips.com/product_detail.p...ef=accessories

You can search around for alternate wiring for the dualstars. I have a buddy that did it and they get warm enough that he did a cold trip with thin gloves.

I like having the heat on the bike, no need to worry about the gloves, having them or losing them.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:01 PM
DrLove907
Cruiser

I have the Skull Collection heated grips on my new07 SGand they get pretty warm. I only tried them on twice but I think it was money well spent. Go 4 it. I also had the guys at the stealer intall them, did not want anyting to go wrong.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:05 PM
larry5h
Road Master

I like mine.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:15 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just use heated gloves with my heated jacket.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:46 PM
yoopermjm
Tourer

I like mine, but they have already been fixed (under warranty) once and worry they might fail again. The original problem was that they were on full blast all the time so they pulled the fuse. The replacements work very well and are a nice addition in my cold climate up north.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:05 PM
RanD
Tourer

Roger,

I too live in WI (Tomahawk) and just had the H-D heated grips installed on my '06 Ultra. When I purchased them, the dealer told me that H-D recently had them re-designed because of some problems with earlier models, and since then they've had no troubles. I rode the other day with the grips seton high when it was 39 degrees out and they worked great. I could see that if you rode a bike that didn't offer wind protection, your finger tips might get cold, but with the fairing I have no problems.In fact, have to turn them down because they get pretty hot. I was going to go with heated gloves, but I'm an impatient S.O.B., so I opted for the grips.

Randy

Quick Reply: Heated Grips