Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group purchase on works shocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 12:06 PM
harris48cars
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group purchase on works shocks

I started a thread on the Works shocks looking for opinions. Then I spoke with Works and added to the tread that they would offer a 10% discount for two or more sets of shocks. I was thinking that some may not have looked at that thread because they simply didn't have an opinion. However maybe they would be interested in buying shocks at some time so I decided to post this "group purchase" Hope it doesn't sound like a repost of the same subject. I now have another person to buy so I am getting the 10% off. I am ordering them on Friday. Any other takers?
Gary.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:08 PM
kdietz
Road Captain
Default RE: Group purchase on works shocks

Info? for baggers?

Old 03-28-2007, 02:36 PM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HarrisI'm interested for my rk classic

Old 03-28-2007, 03:58 PM
harris48cars
Road Master

Sorry for the lack of info. These are "Steel Trackers" with the ARS option. They can be adjusted by hand, you do not need a spanner or other tool to make adjustments. Yes, they are for baggers. I am installing them on my 02 RKC. Here is a link the Works web page.
http://www.worksperformance.com/html/street.html
I am ordering on Friday. The cost is $517 and they will give us 10% off making them $467+ shipping.
Gary

Old 03-28-2007, 04:16 PM
harris48cars
Road Master

Okay, I just spoke with Daryl at Works. His number is 818-701-1010 ext.33. If you call this number and let him know you are calling about the 10% off on shocks for the Harley Davidson forum members, he will give you the discount. Now, if we were a dealer, we would get 24% off. Anybody want to become a dealer? I am going the ask If I can purchase them through a friend who has a car buisness. If so I'll let those interested know. I'll do this by tomorrow (Thursday). One more piece of info on these shocks is that they are made to order, not mass produced one size fits all. You give them your weight your riding syyle, let them know if you carry a passenger regularly and they build that shock to these concitions. If I remember correctly, they also offer a free adjustment if needed.
Gary

Old 03-28-2007, 07:34 PM
DI_Dave
Cruiser

Gary,
I would be interested, especially if you can swing the 24% discount through your friend (with that discount you could definetly count me in).
I've heard some good things about Works and their shocks. I would be looking for the 12 inch version for my 07 FLHRC (1 inch lower than stock).

Question:
How does the external resevoir mount?

Thanks for the effort in trying to put this together.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:51 PM
DI_Dave
Cruiser

Ah...
I was looking at the single shock which has a resevoir, duals don't.
I'm still interested, just ignore the question.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:45 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Would this be a double ship meaning the whole lot goes to you and you ship them out to the individual buyers? Or will Works ship them directly to the individual buyers? Shipping will cut into the discount.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:28 PM
harris48cars
Road Master
Default RE: Group purchase on works shocks UPDATE!

I think I can swing a dealer purchase on these shocks. 24% off of $519. I have a friend who is a car dealer and he is willing to become a WORK's dealer for our benefit. I should have an application this afternoon and get it to my friend over the weekend. With luck we should be a dealer by Monday. This will be a one time thing (If it works out). My friend will not be taking orders after this initial purchase. There is absolutely NO profit involved for either me or my friend. I'm doing this because I like the shocks and want to save a hundred dollars. SOOS aked about a double ship with me collecting all monies and distributing the shocks. Not a chance. If that is the only way to do this then it won't happen. After I get the dealership, I will askWorks about direct payment and direct shipping. Meaning I will take the order, the buyer,you, pays Work's directly and they drop ship to you. I'll post on Monday. In the mean time if you are interested and want in on this, then say so. No heeing and hawing please. You either want them or you don't.. It doesn't matter to me as I now have 3 for sure's waiting.
Gary

Old 03-29-2007, 10:59 PM
bemisbunker
Novice
Default RE: Group purchase on works shocks UPDATE!

Count me in if you can, I'll take that discount!! I can't stand those leaking air shocks! My o6 ultra has always leaked off, even after 2 trips to the dealer! chuck. My e-mail is thebomb@bentcom.net

Quick Reply: Group purchase on works shocks