Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Receipts after work has been done but none is given???

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 02:21 PM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so far this guy is a crook, a liar, a crappy mechanic, and cheating on his income tax...
Dang, he may be here illegally if he only takes cash..the forensic ability of problem solving here is mind boggling.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:24 PM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with the others about him only accepting cash. That mean he is probably not reporting it as income. i.e tax evasion.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:25 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,082 Likes on 1,514 Posts

I love my bike too... it takes all my money and doesn't bitch .

Old 04-28-2014, 02:26 PM
RussH
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vzts4q
I agree with the others about him only accepting cash. That mean he is probably not reporting it as income. i.e tax evasion.

Yes unfortunately uncle sam has driven the small guys to be a little crafty with the money. If ya dont like it go to the stealership. Alot of indys, especially old school guys operate like this.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:27 PM
DKEEGS
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my friend I must say you got taken for a ride. I surprised your spider senses didn't kick in. Being law enforcement you should have been able to smell trouble. How come you didn't get a total bill before the new mechanic started the work on your bike? For tax purposes he is scamming the government by demanding cash so you should have a leg up on him and doing so he should bend over backwards. If i were you i would cancel the check in his possession and call it even with the $1400 cash you gave him. If he throws a bitch you would have all the receipts and he would have to admit in court (would never go to court) he was defrauding the government of tax revenue and government doesn't like that. Seems like your from a small town also I would pass the word on he will be down with in six months.
-Keegs

Old 04-28-2014, 02:28 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by orangevette
Dang, he may be here illegally if he only takes cash.
This could be very true, just another reason you and I pay more taxes. What gives this guy the right to not pay his fair share?

Old 04-28-2014, 02:29 PM
RussH
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by orangevette
so far this guy is a crook, a liar, a crappy mechanic, and cheating on his income tax...
Dang, he may be here illegally if he only takes cash..the forensic ability of problem solving here is mind boggling.

Obviously have not been in the scene too long. Bike business, especially indy is a lot of handshake agreements bardering and trust. Ive seen the parts and labor list and i know whats involved with powder coating shock tubes and the price is not off in my opinion

Last edited by RussH; 04-28-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:35 PM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by DKEEGS
Well my friend I must say you got taken for a ride. I surprised your spider senses didn't kick in. Being law enforcement you should have been able to smell trouble. How come you didn't get a total bill before the new mechanic started the work on your bike? For tax purposes he is scamming the government by demanding cash so you should have a leg up on him and doing so he should bend over backwards. If i were you i would cancel the check in his possession and call it even with the $1400 cash you gave him. If he throws a bitch you would have all the receipts and he would have to admit in court (would never go to court) he was defrauding the government of tax revenue and government doesn't like that. Seems like your from a small town also I would pass the word on he will be down with in six months.
-Keegs
Why would you stop the check? He performed the work. Why are folks always ready to stop payment? There was no mention of poor quality work. The op just wants to know what the shop paid for the included items and that's just bs.
I have a shop, should you pay what I pay for a part?
Seems the OP wanted to cut costs and went the cheaper indy shop route. The prices seem very fair on the invoice. Add 1800 more if HD did the work

I just do not get why folks ALWAYS want to stop payment, that's FRAUD

Old 04-28-2014, 02:37 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

This is the same guy that "tuned" your bike so good it has a constant backfire on decel?

Old 04-28-2014, 02:39 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
This is the same guy that "tuned" your bike so good it has a constant backfire on decel?
exactly what I was thinking..

Quick Reply: Receipts after work has been done but none is given???