Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First long ride with passanger on street glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014 | 11:25 AM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member

A back rest is a must for comfort. I would get the tall one. I bought one and used it until I got a tour pack. Thanks for reminding me I need to sell it

Old 04-29-2014 | 12:56 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hecklerboy
Make sure you pump up the rear shocks when riding with her.
Makes a huge difference.
I think with a Street Glide you are supposed to have 40 psi with a passenger.
On my 08 with 2up it's sposed to be between 25 & 35 psi. And yes, it does make a big difference.

Old 04-29-2014 | 01:05 PM
pat401
Cruiser

My wife broke her tailbone when the highway dropped out from beneath us. We were on my '10 SG with stock seat. After much trial and error, I ended up with a Sundowner seat topped with an Airhawk and mid height detachable backrest for passenger use. SHe was very comfortable with that setup.
Now she has her own SG with a Corbin seat. Poor thing

Old 04-29-2014 | 01:58 PM
FlyLow
Road Master

just purchased my 2014 SG yesterday moved over from a Heritage. No GF at the moment but my first purchase was a docking station, low profile for me a matching passenger seat and a back rest. Considering a tour pak but new to the SG and not sure which to look at will all HD tour paks work? Before my Heritage I rode a 1995 Ultra and miss the tour pack for long trips.
Saw a thread last week where someone remakes your stock seat and says it fills much more comfortable than the after market or Sundowner seats

Old 04-29-2014 | 03:10 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by casique
I use a two piece Mustang seat. The solo most of the time - I ride alone mostly. And I add the big passenger seat and back rest when she rides.

Old 04-29-2014 | 06:34 PM
*Road King*
Tourer

I went from a 2002 Road King to a 2011 Street Glide, man this Street Glide rode like sh*t, not much different from some hard tales I have owned. First thing I did was install Progressive 944's standard spring rate shocks (major difference), C&C Custom made touring seat with rider and passenger back rests.

Old 04-29-2014 | 07:22 PM
bike_r_trash
Banned

When I had my Street Glide, I added the two-piece Mustang seat and a tour-pak. She was happy all day - hundreds of miles - and I had a place to keep her stuff. All of it was quick detach, giving me options. I've run Mustang seats on all my bikes and it's always been a wise investment for both her and me.

Old 04-29-2014 | 07:27 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member

Originally Posted by bike_r_trash
I've run Mustang seats on all my bikes and it's always been a wise investment for both her and me.

Mustang super wide touring with Mustang riders backrest. The sissy bar is the HD standard height w/ a 12x9 pad.

Also added passenger floorboards. Wifey hated the OEM SG passenger pegs.

Attached Thumbnails First long ride with passanger on street glide-mustang-2.jpg   First long ride with passanger on street glide-mustang-1.jpg  
Old 04-29-2014 | 07:33 PM
Red-line
Tourer

Which mustang 2 piece seats are you guys using? I tried a roadglide CBO two piece seat for one trip and my wife hated it compared to the stock sg seat. Needless to say I sold that seat the day we got back and went back to the stocker...

Oh and a side note, pillion backrest is an absolute must for the wifey, I wouldn't even think twice about it. With the four point dock, I can quickly add my luggage carrier and hang a big bag off the backrest onto the carrier.

Sent from my HTC-X710a using IB AutoGroup

Old 04-29-2014 | 08:00 PM
Choopy
Advanced

You can get a good deal on a pass backrest at your local harley swap meets!! I just bought mine this past sunday for $120-Quick release detach-it takes seconds and a large pad. Couldn't be happier.

Quick Reply: First long ride with passanger on street glide