Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First long ride with passanger on street glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014 | 01:55 PM
make it faster
Advanced

Originally Posted by casique
I use a two piece Mustang seat. The solo most of the time - I ride alone mostly. And I add the big passenger seat and back rest when she rides.
Looks wise I like this option for a Street Glide.

I would stay away from a stock Ultra seat. They are not much better. I just had my Limited seat reworked by Mean City Cycles and it is much better.

Old 04-29-2014 | 12:43 AM
hellbilly78
Tourer

Backrest will definitely lengthen the distance of riding for her at least it did for my gf. Plus the way the seat is angled back and kinda downward she complained about feeling like she was gonna fall off it i goosed the throttle at all haha. Guess i shouldnt find that funny. But its pretty sad when she said she felt safer ridin on the fender of my chopper vs the streetglide where she is actually on a seat and no backrest.

Old 04-29-2014 | 01:24 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

If you want her to want to go riding long distances, then get a better seat, better shocks and foot boards, maybe grab bars.
The rider hangs on to the bars and has a broader seat centered on the bike. The passenger is over the rear tire and feels every bump and does not have anything to hang onto. While watching the scenery go by a sudden jarring pothole will end a desire to ride. act now if you want a passenger.

Old 04-29-2014 | 09:09 AM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior

Make sure you pump up the rear shocks when riding with her.
Makes a huge difference.
I think with a Street Glide you are supposed to have 40 psi with a passenger.

Old 04-29-2014 | 09:13 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Hecklerboy
Make sure you pump up the rear shocks when riding with her.
Makes a huge difference.
I think with a Street Glide you are supposed to have 40 psi with a passenger.
I doubt if the poor woman would be able to tell the difference - until OP has sorted out that lovely new seat for her!

Old 04-29-2014 | 10:29 AM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Blackness03
Rode down to OBX bike week this weekend and took the gf with me. I have a 2011 street glide with the factory seat no backrest. We rode 600 miles altogether. After 150 miles she was hurting.
1. SHE deserves a medal and YOU deserve a good, swift kick in the a**!
2. Sundowner seat, or comparable, AND a passenger backrest is a MUST.
3. Rider backrest is optional; low profile to give her some room back there.

There ya go!

Old 04-29-2014 | 10:32 AM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member

[quote=grbrown;12652558]You can have as many seats for your bike as you fancy, however if you have to ask US if you should buy your poor gf a decent seat, then shame on you! Get HER the comfiest plushest cosiest seat you can find, regardless of expense, plus a matching backrest. YOU can sit on nails if you like, but.......

Yeah, that, and or have her take the MSF course and then get her nice scoot of her own.

Old 04-29-2014 | 11:07 AM
ironhead3fan
Road Master

I believe the first mod I made to my bike was the seat. The stock Harley seat in 03 wasn't too bad for me, but she hated it. Bought a Mustang touring seat and never looked back. Haven't heard any complaints since, as a matter of fact, if it's too late in the day, she goes to sleep on it! The bike does bottom out on rare occasions so I am thinking of getting some Ohlins rear shocks. I understand they are pricey, but they are the best.

Old 04-29-2014 | 11:20 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ironhead3fan
The bike does bottom out on rare occasions so I am thinking of getting some Ohlins rear shocks. I understand they are pricey, but they are the best.
A discerning choice! Mrs B and I haven't bottomed out once, since we installed ours. Call Howard at HDF sponsor Motorcycle Metal, as he offers discounts and will ensure you get the correct weight springs etc. He also now offers JRI as an alternative brand, which also get good reviews.

Old 04-29-2014 | 11:22 AM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior

got to keep the gf happy seat and back rest

Quick Reply: First long ride with passanger on street glide