Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin close or reg solo???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007 | 02:19 AM
ricks
|
Intermediate
Default Corbin close or reg solo???

Hello:
I have just about settled on a corbin solo for my 07 road king classic. I am 5 ft 10 inches with a 30 inch inseam. The stock seat is a slight reach to the handlebars. Do you folks think the close corbin seat might be a better fit than a reg corbin solo seat. Any reccomendations on who to buy a corbin from? I am in northern CA.

Thanks, Rick

Old 03-28-2007 | 02:56 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Corbin close or reg solo???

I live in Turlock - if you want to sit and feel a "close" Corbin, let me know - I Strongly recommend you contact Corbin in Hollister and make a "ride in appt" You will arrive in the morning and leave in the afternoon with a Custom Seat built to YOUR butt - no extra charge and it will be Custom... I have done this on three bikes and I love the seat... being close - do not get a mail order, get one made for you... PM for my number and I will help you anyway I can...

BTW - I am 5'6"

Old 03-28-2007 | 09:10 AM
erb8104
Novice

I have the standard RK. Drove to Daytona and tried the Close Corbin. While it helps with the bars, I felt it put me to close in the leg department. I felt very crowded and uncomfortable. I am 5' 11" and 30" inseam. Ride to Hollister and try one.

Rick

Old 03-28-2007 | 06:04 PM
Harleypaw
Tourer

I bought a Corbin close solo, and hate it, I've been riding Corbins for years and have loved everyone of then, until this close solo, I think Corbin missed the boat on it. It doesn't ride anything like the regular Corbin, It's sits you up higher, It does help withyour armreach, but also pushes you up to close to the tank.
My $.02 worth is to buy the regular Corbin solo, install a set of Heritage bars to bring the bars back, not you forward.

Old 03-28-2007 | 06:19 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with Harleypaw, the Corbin Classic Solo is probably a better fit for you. It seems thatmost peoplehave to replace the handlebars on the RK's anyhowto achievethe most comfortable riding position.

Old 03-28-2007 | 06:29 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: harley0711

I live in Turlock - if you want to sit and feel a "close" Corbin, let me know - I Strongly recommend you contact Corbin in Hollister and make a "ride in appt" You will arrive in the morning and leave in the afternoon with a Custom Seat built to YOUR butt - no extra charge and it will be Custom... I have done this on three bikes and I love the seat... being close - do not get a mail order, get one made for you... PM for my number and I will help you anyway I can...

BTW - I am 5'6"
I agree - I've done that with every Harley we own.

Old 03-28-2007 | 07:22 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

most ever post here really make the ride to Hollister a "must" - by that I mean, make an appoitment and meet the guy that will Make YOUR seat while you wait - he will listen to your needs and make it right there - they even buy your breakfast (they should with the cost of the seat,lol) anyway, as he is making it - Several times he will have you sit and take it for a test ride - you come back and tell him how or how you did not like it, do this, do that - as many time as it takes... then when you say - "This is IT' then and only then, it gets covered - by living so close to Hollister, you have a Great advantage over Many other riders out their - they buy one thru the mail and some like it and as you see above others don't.... CUSTOM is the only way to get a corbin... Good luck,, My offer still stands..

Old 03-28-2007 | 08:59 PM
SGChick
Tourer

Hi Rick,

I live in Los Altos. I recently rode to Corbin and had the close solo fitted. I'm 5'4" with a 29 inch inseam.I love it! It does move you closer to the bars, but also moved me down a couple of inches. I've ridden about 1200 miles on it so far and it's been great!! As harley0711 said...it's definitely a "must" since you live so close. I also just got my stock seat back yesterdayfrom Allen at Mean City Cycles. Here's a link to his site...http://www.meancitycycles.com/index.html Headded memory foam tothe seat, lowered me and moved meup closer to the bars....at an awesome price!I haven't been able to try it yet, but hope to this weekend. I'll have a couple of different looks with the 2 seats.

Old 03-28-2007 | 10:33 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SGChick

Hi Rick,

I live in Los Altos. I recently rode to Corbin and had the close solo fitted. I'm 5'4" with a 29 inch inseam.I love it! It does move you closer to the bars, but also moved me down a couple of inches. I've ridden about 1200 miles on it so far and it's been great!! As harley0711 said...it's definitely a "must" since you live so close. I also just got my stock seat back yesterdayfrom Allen at Mean City Cycles. Here's a link to his site...http://www.meancitycycles.com/index.html Headded memory foam tothe seat, lowered me and moved meup closer to the bars....at an awesome price!I haven't been able to try it yet, but hope to this weekend. I'll have a couple of different looks with the 2 seats.

Did you have the seat custom made for you or was this an off the shelf??? Meaning was this a ride in app??? I have had people on the road as me if mine was a close - really hard to answer because this seat was made for Me - yes, forward and down - being a touring seat the rear portion was made to fit my wifes bottom also and even the arm rests were made to Her specs - believe me when I say we got our $$ worth - Our seat was started at 0800 and we left at 2pm - very happy campers.... Most of the time was spent with the wife working with the "builder" on her seat and arm rest - I just told him - what ever makes her happy - I did tip him at the end - He was just that good.

I will say this about Corbin - from what I have seen and read over the past 10 years - Corbin is a "I love it" or "I hate them" kinda seat. I can sit in mine for Hours - I did not get a back rest built in - kinda wish I would have now - On anylong ride at all I use a http://backaline.com/ works wonders for my lower back on Long rides

Old 03-29-2007 | 12:07 AM
ricks
|
Intermediate

Thanks for all the great advice. Seems like a no brainer. I will make an appointment and have the excuse to take a great ride down to Hollister. I appreciate all the help that this site provides.

thanks, rick

Quick Reply: Corbin close or reg solo???