Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 05:00 AM
skipperhd1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool harley race tuner

i have a 2006 road king. the previous owner had a harley race tuner installed and paid $800 to have it dynoed in! i agree with the post that said if you can't tune it yourself, you need a unit your local shop is comfortable with! i don't like the canned maps, there;s no substitute for the dyno tune! good luck! cheers from montana

Old 04-26-2014, 11:12 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,854 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Originally Posted by dochawken
I tried the canned maps from TMax but was disappointed, and you are right...the installation is easy, it is the interpretation that is the difficult aspect. I did not see the full potential of my cam upgrade until it was dyno tuned..the difference being remarkable. I would imagine that in the not too distant future the autotune aspect of tuners will evolve exponentially allowing maximized performance after any upgrade, with a simple command. I can see the day when dynos will be irrelevant..and not that far off.
I am glad to hear you were able to get yours tuned to your satisfaction with the TMax. I didn't like the canned maps from TMax either, they were never close to what my build was. I took it to a couple local dyno tuning shops that were not familiar with the TMax and did not get good results. I finally switched to a Power Vision and I have been pleased with the difference in performance and in the canned maps available. Fuelmoto was able to give me a map that works well with my build and I am satisfied with the way my bike runs. I will eventually have the bike dyno tuned, but I am in no hurry at this time.