Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide - Street Glide Rear Fascia Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Rocket Jockey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Glide - Street Glide Rear Fascia Installed

I installed the Street Glide rear fascia on my Road Glide and wanted to pass on a couple tips for anyone considering doing the same.

Rear LED light wiring. I read some posts that talked about wiring the rear light into the existing wiring harness. Not sure about other years but on my 04 RG, it has the female plug already wired in on the left side up by the seat, just like the Street Glide. I just plugged it in.

Antenna. You will need to buyan SG antenna mounting bracket because the stock RG bracket positions the antenna too far to the left to align through the hole in the rear fascia.

It completely changes the rear of the bike. Here are the before and after shots.

Thanks again Harleypingman for your help.

RJ

Old 03-27-2007, 01:11 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Road Glide - Street Glide Rear Fascia Installed

Great looking job!

Old 03-27-2007, 02:33 PM
IceHeritage
Road Master

Nice

Old 03-27-2007, 02:51 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ordered one for my Road King. Some guy on ebay is selling them butyou can only get them in what ever colors the SG comes in. Good thing my RK is Vivid Black.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

That looks great. Well done.

Do you happen to have the part number for the SG antenna mount handy? I need to add it to my parts list. I will be doing this conversion on my '07 RG in the next month or so.

Thanks.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Rocket Jockey
Tourer

Thanks for the comments guys.

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

Do you happen to have the part number for the SG antenna mount handy? I need to add it to my parts list. I will be doing this conversion on my '07 RG in the next month or so.
Not yet. I will stop in tomorrow to order it and then I will post the part number.

Speaking of parts list, I ordered too much stuff. The adhesive tube for the wiring and the electricalconnection come with the light assembly (DOH). I did not need to remove the rear emblem to get the fender support bracket off so no need to order that either.

Also, Idid not remove therearwheel to do this mod. I am running a 150 rear so it istight but I was able to install the stud plate on the right side no problem.For the left side I had to put the bike on thejack,un-bolt the bottom shock mountsand lift it until the back wheel came off the ground. That gave me enough clearance between the fender and the tire to get the stud plate in the holes.

RJ

Old 03-27-2007, 03:57 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Wish there was an easy way of putting that license plate under the tail lights like the street glide. We have the same turn signal mounts.
Gary D.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:19 PM
IceHeritage
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 04RoadKing

I just ordered one for my Road King. Some guy on ebay is selling them butyou can only get them in what ever colors the SG comes in. Good thing my RK is Vivid Black.
What section is it Under? i may pick up one for my Bike
Thanks

Old 03-27-2007, 05:35 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: IceHeritage

ORIGINAL: 04RoadKing

What section is it Under? i may pick up one for my Bike
Thanks

It's in the fairing & Body works section. Here is the ebay listing # 140101238650

Old 03-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rocket Jockey

Thanks for the comments guys.

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

Not yet. I will stop in tomorrow to order it and then I will post the part number.

Speaking of parts list, I ordered too much stuff. The adhesive tube for the wiring and the electricalconnection come with the light assembly (DOH). I did not need to remove the rear emblem to get the fender support bracket off so no need to order that either.

Also, Idid not remove therearwheel to do this mod. I am running a 150 rear so it istight but I was able to install the stud plate on the right side no problem.For the left side I had to put the bike on thejack,un-bolt the bottom shock mountsand lift it until the back wheel came off the ground. That gave me enough clearance between the fender and the tire to get the stud plate in the holes.

RJ
Thank RJ.

Quick Reply: Road Glide - Street Glide Rear Fascia Installed