Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talked to service tech about slip ons and....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007 | 01:19 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Talked to service tech about slip ons and....

I don't know much about gym ropes, but my SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers with SE Stage 1 Intake & FuelPak sound and perform great! But they are not at all "loud", if that's what you are looking for, and this combo doesn't produce quite as much performance gain as some of the other more aggressive pipes. They are just perfect for me!

Old 03-27-2007 | 10:59 AM
bob2002
Road Master

After six sets of pipes I'm real happy with the SE mufflers(4" dia),if you want loud go with the rineharts or the new se/supertrapp's.

I'm making 78 hp & 82tq on the dyno at a 14 to 1 fuel ratio,my tuner said that the numbers be much higher if I leaned on the fuel so these mufflers do flow in his opinion.

I'm real pleased with the sound of these pipes plus I can ride all day with no headache

Old 03-27-2007 | 11:15 AM
DAWG_6
Road Captain

THUNDERHEADER....THUNDERHEADER....THUNDERHEADER

Old 03-27-2007 | 11:19 AM
stafford
Road Warrior

My brother bought those S/E mufflers and put on his and they were no louder than stock, well maybe a little. WE drilled the rivets out and pulled the cat out and cut off that convoluted pipe and just keft the cat in there. It cracks pretty good when you get with it now. Still not overly loud but nice and deep

Old 03-27-2007 | 11:22 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

If you have heard and love the sound of the Rineharts you wont be happy untill you have them.

Old 03-27-2007 | 11:50 AM
mariner227
Road Master

I believe that Supertrapp makes the SE slipons for HD. The part number for the older style SEperformance slipons is 128 65115. This is the Supertrapp part number. Many say that the epa legal SE slipons that HD is selling for the 07's is not much of a change.

Old 03-27-2007 | 09:45 PM
valvestem
Road Captain

I have the old-style HD SE slipons w/Fishtails that sound sweet.

Old 03-27-2007 | 09:51 PM
sparky_mo
|
Club Member

Went in today for 1000 mi. service and listened to different pipes on used bikes they had on the show room floor. I've decided to go with the SERT, K&N, and Vance and Hines Ovals. I thought they had a great sound and were not overly loud. I've had V&H before and was very satisfied with them. I will admit I did not get to listen to any Rineharts and I know from reading this board they are very popular. I do have a month to really decide as the SERT is on back order and won't be available to my dealer untill the end of April. Yesterday when I called I talked to one of the tech's and he is the one that thought I should go with the SE and Stage 1. Talked to the service manager today and he did not hesitate...thought I should go with the SERT even though it would cost me more $$$. Said it was my decision but that's what he would do. I've talked with three techs there now and all are sold on V&H. Maybe its a 'what is popular at your dealer' thing when it comes to giving advice on pipes.

Old 03-28-2007 | 12:31 AM
Cool Breeze
Road Master

Everyone here needs to read the article in the April issue of American Rider. Go to page 82 and read what Joe Minton and crew did with an '07. They dyno'd the bike stock and with SE mufflers, then with SE air cleaner. Might answer alot of questions. Bottom line was, not much of an increase with these changes, only a couple of hp/tq, except deeper sound. It just wasn't worth the money to upgrade with these changes unless you turn the motor above 4,000 rpm. He said just adding the SE mufflers gave the best performance in the 1,800 to 3,500 rpm range. The MOCO did such a good job this year upgrading the air box, all you need to do was change the mufflers, still...the mufflers cost is alot higher than in past years. Lots of good info. Check it out.

Old 03-28-2007 | 12:41 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

Luv my Sam's Side-Dumps - Ness Sucker & V&H Working Good 4 Me!!!

Sounds Good - Good Torque

Have True Duals on the '01 King - Nuttin Better Ifn' ya want to go Full System
(PowerCommander & Ness Big Sucker)

Quick Reply: Talked to service tech about slip ons and....