Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not a preferred Customer:

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Snort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Not a preferred Customer:

$1800.00 is what the "Preferred service agreement" costs at my dealer. Of course I turned it down and wish that I had not been so anxious to get theONLY black RK Classicin the area from them or I may have thought better of the purchase.
Service dept. performance was a major hanging point in my discussions about buying from this dealer. The more I thought about the agreement, the more I thought BS!
The owner and I talked extensively about their service dept, and he assured me that they had made a complete 180 from some horror stories from 18 months back. I'm just glad I like to turn my own wrenches on most stuff.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having a "preferred" list would be reason enough for me to "prefer" doing business with another dealership. I suppose many dealers do this on the QT. At least they told you about it.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:16 PM
st john
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Posserider is right, the dealer is here in Arizona its Arrowhead harley. Picked the bike up
and the 1400 also includes a 5k service. Was a little disapointed because when the
service rep went over the work he put does not apply for spoke tuning. HUH I said
he said my bike has mags. Wow they must have changed my wheels on me for I have
been running spokes since i bought the bike. Also get this he said my Cam chain tensioners
did not need replacing, now I am really p'ed. Lesson learned now going to find a INDY.
Thanks for all the input sounds most opperate this way.
Saint

Old 03-27-2007, 12:32 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: raporte

Holy Chit Richard, I spent 45 minutes looking for my clipboard and now ya tell me you were just kidding?!?!?!

It's OK I'm just calming the roudie....

Old 03-27-2007, 01:42 PM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey St John, check out Ram Jet on Cave Creek Road, just down from Buddy Stubbs. All the dealers have been the same with me to. Can you leave the bike a couple of days.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:43 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing overlooked was: take the service guy to a computer, log on to this forum and ask how he would like his name spelled when you're telling the world about what a goof he is! Negative advertising is the worst fear any dealer or their managers have. His being personally accountable for when Arrowhead has unsold bikes while other dealers are sold out, makes a difference in review/raise/terminate time! I won't agree with stroking a salesman like one of the earlier posts, how much commission do you think they actually earn? What do you think their actual closing percentage is? How many times do you think they spin their wheels for hours with "I've gotta go home and scratch my wife's @ss" dog's @ss, whatever? being the end result? Not cool at all!

Old 03-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Cache
Tourer

Why should I have to buy this donkey a coffee or bring him a T-shirt to receive proper service?

He should do his job w/o predjudice or passion!

F! that!

They should buy me a coffee and aT-shirtfor the inconvenienceand mental anguish theyprovide.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:42 PM
RainMaker
Cruiser

I dont get it....

O yea.. im a perferred customer so I dont get to expereince that side of the fence :P Was apart of the package and I love it...

Old 03-27-2007, 06:28 PM
ssihogdog
Road Captain

I thought every customer is a preferred customer!Vote with your wallet. I use the Big Dog dealer since they are all ex Harley mechanics, certified and give great service. I am "preferred" with them, just because they treat me that way!

2004 RK Custom

Old 03-27-2007, 09:38 PM
valvestem
Road Captain

Then there is always the Suzuki M109R. Just kidding.[X(]

Quick Reply: Not a preferred Customer: