Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not a preferred Customer:

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 253 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: Not a preferred Customer:

I'm kinda wondering why you're paying $1400 to fix what was a recall. I know your time and milage are up, but couldn't/wouldn't the factory rep help you out here at all? Maybe you should call the MOCO and see if they could at least help with the cash.
Jerry

Old 03-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have alocal HD dealerthatadvertises on their websitea "customerloyality program"for preferred placement in the service department for all services for anyone who buys a bike from their dealership. Needless to day, I have never taken my bike there for any service work. I get great service by driving a bit further...their loss.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:29 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$1400!

I could buy a plane ticket & rent a car, fly out and do the same thing and still have some $$$ to spare!

Old 03-27-2007, 02:00 AM
BigTom
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$1400 should get you all the work done plus free use of a bike till yours is ready.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:26 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

WERE I WORK ITS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BUT IF SOMEONE ISNICE TO ME AND LETS SAY BUYS ME A CUP OF COFFE OR SAYS HAY IME ACTUALLY NOT IN A HURRY AND TAKE YOUR TIME OR BETTER YET BRINGS ME A T-SHIRT FROM A BIKE EVENT.THEN I PUT A NOTE IN THE COMPUTER USUALLY I WILL PUT THE WORDS "GOLD STAR" AND MAYBE MENTION THE GOOD DEED. SOME PEOPLE HAVE AND DO BRING ME LUNCH! THESE PEOPLE GET ANYTHING THEY WANT. ITS VERY PURSUASIVEAND I NEVER FORGET IT. NOW THE OPPISITE IS TRUE AND THE NOTE SAYS "NO FAVORS" ANYTHING THESE PEOPLE WANTS TAKES A DAY OR TWO.
ITS THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE THAT MAKE EVERY DAY AN ADVENTURE
BUT BLATENTLY PREFERING ONE CUSTOMER OVER THE OTHER IS JUST WRONG AND IF ANYTHING I FEEL EQUALITY IF NOT MORE SO TO HELP SOMEONE WHO IS ECONOMICLY CHALLANGED.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:19 AM
sectime
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

A couple of dealers I have talked to have said if you buy the maintance contract you will go to the front of the line. Also if available they will give you a loaner to use out of the rental fleet.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:51 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jerry L

I'm kinda wondering why you're paying $1400 to fix what was a recall. I know your time and milage are up, but couldn't/wouldn't the factory rep help you out here at all? Maybe you should call the MOCO and see if they could at least help with the cash.
Jerry
It was not a recall....I have one of the bad bearing bikes. I got a nice form letter 11 months after buying the bike basically telling me that my bike had a weak part that might fail and leave me stranded, but they wouldn't fix it until it broke and then they would only do it with in 5 years/50k miles.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 253 Likes on 161 Posts

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

ORIGINAL: Jerry L

Jerry
It was not a recall....I have one of the bad bearing bikes. I got a nice form letter 11 months after buying the bike basically telling me that my bike had a weak part that might fail and leave me stranded, but they wouldn't fix it until it broke and then they would only do it with in 5 years/50k miles.
You're right, it wasn't a recall. But I think I'd try HD first to see if they would cover any of it even if the letter says no. That was a form letter they sent to everyone. They may just help you out some, worth a try maybe? FWIW, I had the bearings go out on mine, but I took it to an Indy first who found it out, then HD wouldn't cover it because it wasn't at a HD shop. All I'm saying is sometimes if you ask, sometimes you get. I know a guy who's lower end blew out at 38K out of warranty, they went halves with him.
Jerry
Jerry

Old 03-27-2007, 08:33 AM
ChiefGator
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it to an Indy. The best protest is with your wallet. I am the type of guy that will even TELL them that I am taking mymoney elsewhere. 2000 model, warranty is not an issue, get the cams upgraded to gear driven and tell the HD dealer to pound sand.

just my 2...
El Jefe

Old 03-27-2007, 08:46 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh I love places that pull that type BS. First thing I do is make a fuss good and loud so any "new coustomers" can hear. Then demand to see the GM if/when the GM shows up keep it out in the public. Maybe as waiting get on cell phone call your buddies let them know. Take you bike out of there refuse any BS they try to give you and make them kiss ya where the sun donw shine. Trust me I have been around the coustomer service bit long enough to know make one person happy they tell 3 friends. Make them mad they will tell the world.

Keep us posted on your results

Quick Reply: Not a preferred Customer: