Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHX or FLHTC, can't decide ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 02:54 PM
joe98
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Default FLHX or FLHTC, can't decide ?

I am new to this awesome site and spent the whole weekend on this forum trying to get different views/opinions from everyone on the Street Glide and Decker. I currently ride a 98 Fat Boy that has served me extremely well since the first day I brought it home almost ten years ago. My wife has given me the approval on a new bike purchase only if I get rid of the one first. Not allowed two bikes, which is understandable. I took out a 2007 Street Glide last Sept at the local dealer and I really liked it, I did'nt get a chance to take out the Flhtc as the wait was over 3 hours. I just want to find out from any one here who has had a chance to ride both and what the differences are: ride quality, single head light, seat comfort handling etc, etc...
Any opinions will be greatly appreciated, Thanks for all the help !!!!!

Ride Safe!

Old 03-26-2007, 03:12 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,223 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Default RE: FLHX or FLHTC, can't decide ?

Get the FLHTC or FLHTCU and take the wife along...no other choice IMO

Old 03-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I own the Street Glide, that will be my answer of course, but the real answer is what do you want the bike to do? Do you want tons of storage space, comfy backrest for the wife, fender trim, saddlebag guards and spotlights? Or would you rather have a stripped down bike with less flashy chrome trim that is still a very serviceable and comfortable all day tourer?

Answer that and you can choose between the two.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:22 PM
DCRANER
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 07 FLHRS, really a FLHX without the fairing. IMO, if I was going to a fairing I would just go to the dealer and get the most expensive bling,bling they have. Ultra, just pick your favorite color.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

I have FLHTC & brother has FLHX. He prefers his bike and I prefer mine. I tried to talk him into another FLHTC and strip off what he wanted to get look of FLHX but he had to have the blue denim paint job. He ordered the tourpack, a sissy bar/backrest,docking kit, antenna kit, etc. and has more in that bike than I do mine.

Now when he rides, he has to always put the tour pack on because his wife complains about the sissy bar hurting her back.

I rode his bike and do like it. Wife wasn't impressed as she likes the floorboards on the FLHTC over the pegs on the FLHX. Also, I rode at night and without the spotlights, I wasn't as comfortable riding his bike. After he rode it one time at night, first thing he did was order the spotlight kit which was another $300 + labor.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:36 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

No doubt, hands down, the FLHTC. The FLHX is 200 more than the FLHTC. If you want it to look similar to the FLHX, take some things off. It would cost a bunch of money to equip the StreetGlide the same as the Classic, plus the Classic rides nicer.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:44 PM
RonH
Road Captain

Love my Classic. If you have the cash, get the most bike you can. Then take off and save what you don't want, cuz you will want it at some point and pay through the nose to get it later....

Old 03-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I considered buying an EGC and stripping it to look like a Street Glide but the biggest factors for me were the expense of painting the bike, adding the chrome stuff the SG has, the cool rear fender that I like so much and then lowering the bike. I came out MUCH cheaper buying the SG and adding a tour pack.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[sm=confused06.gif]

Old 03-26-2007, 04:05 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a Classic and the wife has a Street Glide. The price is about the same on each, and you get more on the Classic, ie. tour pac, saddlebag guards. We added the chopped tour pac to hers, and it was near 1,000 dollars, so value wise I would say the Classic.

However... If you want the clean fenders, and the rest of the clean that the SG is known for, it will cost you to get it with the Classic. The fenders on the SG are cool and you can't get the full look on a Classic, even stripped, without redoing the fenders completely. I have stripped all I can off of my Classic without redoing the fenders, and it just don't look quiteas good as the SG.

The SG is 1" lower in the back, and I think it makes the bike handle better. You would have to spend 300 or so to lower the rear of the Classic.

Regards,

Bill

Quick Reply: FLHX or FLHTC, can't decide ?