Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHX or FLHTC, can't decide ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:37 AM
E DOGG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLHX or FLHTC, can't decide ?

Either get the Ultra Classic with "everything on it". Your wife wiill be happy!. Or get a Street Glide and SLOWY spend all your money by choosing the particular parts to put on, to make a Ultra Classic. It's a cruel ADDICTION![:@]

Old 03-27-2007, 11:08 PM
joe98
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

A very big thank you to all of the members out here !!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for your inputs, opinions. On April 29, the local dealer is having the demo rides, I will be the first one there. I think I will probably go with the Street Glide. I really like the clean look. However, I will take out the Flhtc for a test ride also.
Once again thanks to everyone for all of your help...

Old 03-27-2007, 11:26 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Here's my humble opinion: If you want the most for your money get a Classic or Ultra. Either of those bikes give you the most bang for your buck. You can always strip it down. With that said, I must admit I purchased a SG because it was love at first site. So, what I'm saying is that if I purchasedbased uponfinancial logic I would havewent for theClassic but I purchased with my heart and even though It has cost me more in the end I am still happy and in love with my SG.
Yes, I know, opinions are like A-Holes, everybody has one! lol!

Old 04-06-2007, 01:16 PM
flyslow
Road Captain

I started looking at the Springer classic when I decided I wanted to ride again. By the time I added everything to the bike to get exactly what I wanted, I was within 500 dollars of the price of an Ultra out the door.

I got the Ultra. The ride difference was much better on the Ultra and when it was said and done, I can always remove things I dont need or want on it.

flyslow

Old 04-06-2007, 01:34 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I have an SG. No matter what bike you buy, your going to instantly spend like 3-4K making it yours. If I had to do it over again I would have gotten the Ultra or EGC. I let the rear fender and gauges make my decision for me. Later I realized that you can get that SG look kinda and have all the other stuff too, like a TourPak, passenger floorboards, passing lamps etc etc..

I love the SG.... but I've got about 5k into it now making it somewhere between an Ultra and an EGC....

Good luck, they are all great bikes!

lp

Old 04-06-2007, 01:51 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should have enough feedback here to make the choice. Don't forget about how it feels when you ride it versus what other people see when you ride. How many notes are they gonna pay? Is it for you, or for them?

Old 04-06-2007, 03:47 PM
johnpef
Advanced

I am an Ultra Classic rider myself. Go BIG, cannot stress this enough. It is a lot of Harley, but both you and your wife will be greatly satisified when your any where from short hops to a long ride, or even a vacation.
-John

Old 04-06-2007, 03:49 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DI75

Simple choice!!
I agree!

Old 04-06-2007, 03:51 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

An FLHTCUI can be an FLHX for $275 bucks worth of shocks.......try going from an FLHX to an FLHTCUI for that.

In the end it's your decision and I [sm=idontcare.gif]All good bikes, hence the reason Harley has so many cosmetic flavors.

Good luck.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

I would've gotten the EG Classic if it had cleaner lines. I just do not like the chrome rails on the fenders and saddlebags, so I got the SG. But hey does it really matter what I think, get what YOU want. I would try out the EG though before you decide.[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: FLHX or FLHTC, can't decide ?