Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHX or FLHTC, can't decide ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FLHX or FLHTC, can't decide ?

First off I would ask your wife if you can have your ***** back, at least for a little while anyway. If the Fatboy is paid for and you are going to buy a new bike anyway, why not keep it for around town and buy an Ultra for whenever she makes you take her.

Just yanking your chain bud!! Either bike would be nice!!!! Of course if it were me I would buy a Road Glide and get the best touring bike HD makes. LOL!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 04:09 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,223 Likes on 1,840 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thundercloud

First off I would ask your wife if you can have your ***** back, at least for a little while anyway.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=imsorry.gif]

Old 03-26-2007, 04:12 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: RonH

Love my Classic. If you have the cash, get the most bike you can. Then take off and save what you don't want, cuz you will want it at some point and pay through the nose to get it later....
Amen to that....

Old 03-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Rick 547
Tourer

If you like the stripped down look of the SC then thats your answer. If you like the look of the classic with all tour pack and fender lights and extra chrome then thats your answer. The ride of either one is going to be very similar, though the SC is 1" lower in the rear.

It's all personal preference. I much perfer the stripped down look myself. Either one is a great bike so buy and enjoy.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Rodman813
Road Captain

GET THE ULTRA CLASSIC!!!!!! WHY????

I have a street glide, and LOVE IT.....But, I've added lower fairings, added tour pack, etc.....SO, get the UC and strip it down. It's better to have, and not need, than need and not have!!!! If you get the UC you can take it off when you want the SG look.

The "ONLY" reason I didn't get the UC was I didn't like any of the colors, including the black!!!!!

Just my $.02

Old 03-26-2007, 04:56 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Simple choice!!

Old 03-26-2007, 09:40 PM
strongisland
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you say Streeeeet Gliiiiide.[8D]

Old 03-26-2007, 09:50 PM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member

As one of the few that have owned both. I can truly say that I am most impressed with the Street Glide. The handling, the ride and overall appearance of the bike, well I just like it better. To me the only choice is the Street Glide.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:52 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I did all of this to my 07 SG---it was fun making it like I wanted it---it would have been less expensive ifjust got a EGC or Ultra all things being even given the chance to do all over again I would get the Ultra and put a SG rear fender on it.

ORIGINAL: Unome

I have FLHTC & brother has FLHX. He prefers his bike and I prefer mine. I tried to talk him into another FLHTC and strip off what he wanted to get look of FLHX but he had to have the blue denim paint job. He ordered the tourpack, a sissy bar/backrest,docking kit, antenna kit, etc. and has more in that bike than I do mine.

Now when he rides, he has to always put the tour pack on because his wife complains about the sissy bar hurting her back.

I rode his bike and do like it. Wife wasn't impressed as she likes the floorboards on the FLHTC over the pegs on the FLHX. Also, I rode at night and without the spotlights, I wasn't as comfortable riding his bike. After he rode it one time at night, first thing he did was order the spotlight kit which was another $300 + labor.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:29 AM
kimber fan
Advanced

Street Glide, add a tour pack and passinglamps. By the way, keep the fatboy.....My wife, now ex, said I could have two bikes and I still got rid of er. Oh ya.

Quick Reply: FLHX or FLHTC, can't decide ?