Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter work

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 03:06 PM
hdnvn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter work

Here's the end result of a long winter

Attached Thumbnails Winter work-image-4228029909.jpg   Winter work-image-1667622676.jpg  
Old 04-10-2014, 03:10 PM
MIKE93SVT
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Great transformation

Old 04-10-2014, 03:11 PM
BlackGROOVE
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! What a difference, looks good!

Old 04-10-2014, 03:21 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Holy Crap!

That's the same bike? Nice makeover!

Old 04-10-2014, 03:38 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good work!! Pics could be better though lol

Old 04-13-2014, 11:42 AM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great, tell us more about what you done and lots of pics of course

Old 04-13-2014, 07:40 PM
hdnvn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always wanted the lowered flowing look I'd seen in many articles and decided to just go for it.
Purchased an extended tank shroud from Baddad with the dash to match. Spent some time working with the gas hole fit and eventually had to drill my own opening. Really wasn't impressed with baddads items and they're willingness to accommodate. We conquered nonetheless and fortunately got it right the first time. I shaved the tank shroud to fit a streetglide seat that I purchased about two years ago. With that I realized I had committed to that seat for the life of this bike. Not a problem, always have liked the look and the feel. I purchased extended side covers from sinister and used a orbital sander to shave them down a bit as they fit against the saddlebags too tight.
The guy helping me with this project talked me into getting the engine reworked...cammed and new heads and pistons. Totally worth it as he told me it would be. Increased HP and torque, both I can feel off the line. I had a custom oil cooler installed to get the more commonly used one that was on the bike removed and is now just forward of the front crash bar on the low side.
Functional and good looking.
New higher bars. With them came heat demons which are awesome in that their minimally invasive and I've discovered effective. Another friend suggested Cruise control but I would then need to change out the chrome controls while adding the switches needed. I've always had the stereo controls and therefore things needed to be reworked to accommodate. Got the module on eBay, everything works great. With the higher bars the cruise is a must. I love that the bike takes care of itself on up hills and downhills and You gotta drop your right hand on occasion to give it a rest.
Put a 21" wheel on the front with a streetglide fender. I debated the wrap fender for a bit but had purchased the streetglide about four months before and let that determine my decision. With the wheel I needed chrome rotors, 2 of them. Oh yeah, higher bars longer cables. +6 on the throttle,+4 on brake. Forgot to mention the wire extensions for the stereo controls.
Paint was through a guy on craigslist, small time custom painter. I wanted Harley's deep pearl blue but he mixed up a sample of his idea that had more metal flake to it. I was sold.
Reassembly of the front end inside the fairing was the most difficult part of this makeover. Adding all of the extras didn't help but after over two days we got it back together. Had to put a new control module on the stereo (replaced free of charge by Biketronics,awesome company).
I just lowered it with a kit from eBay. With the bike redone and not lowered it just didn't look right. As soon as I took it down 2" it just melded. The whole look jelled. It's an awesome ride and feels so good to be on it. I could not accept the idea of putting a stock tourpack on it so before painting I purchased a chopped one. My buddy welded me up a solo mount that works over the streetglide seat due to my commitment from the tank shroud. It looks good. Ready for a trip to the Outerbanks bike week in April , the end of this month.

Attached Thumbnails Winter work-image-1747365097.jpg   Winter work-image-3616182792.jpg