Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Road King Classic

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 02:03 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 64 Posts
Default 2014 Road King Classic

Ive been looking to buy an HD for a loooong time.. Wasnt really planning on getting a new one. However my wife has hinted at the fact she has bought me one and had a few things changed around. She wont give me much more detail than that. Im supposed to be picking it up next Friday. She has stated that the soft bags were replaced with hard bags, has also said there is a radio in the bags as well, changed out the stock bars for 16in apes and possibly from the sound of it put CVO wheels on it. This is just some info I have pieced together and realize the terminology from the dealer thru her could have changed. My question is, I have not really done any homework on the 14's.. Can you guys give me a crash course on some of the changes that have been done. Any info would help.. I feel as if Im going in blind lol.. Im crazy excited but a little apprehensive at the same time because I ALWAYS research my purchases...

Old 04-10-2014, 02:07 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

There is no RKC for '14 in the U.S., only the RK but, but you can get a RK with laced wheels & WWW's.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:09 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a nice bike, but to me, seems like a lot of 'personalized' changes for a Road King 'Classic', which noted above, isn't a current model. Did your wife know that these are the type of changes you would want, like the hard-bags and 16" apes, or was the bike set-up for another buyer and the deal fell through?

Old 04-10-2014, 02:32 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Probably would have been a good idea to test ride a few but I think you will like it.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:04 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by UltraClassicElectraGlide
Sounds like a nice bike, but to me, seems like a lot of 'personalized' changes for a Road King 'Classic', which noted above, isn't a current model. Did your wife know that these are the type of changes you would want, like the hard-bags and 16" apes, or was the bike set-up for another buyer and the deal fell through?
Like I said Im sure alot of what she has been told she has twisted around lol.. She does know that I prefer the hard bags over the soft bags, and she knew I wanted 16in bars. Ive test rode a few RK's with 16in bars and LOVE the ride...

Old 04-10-2014, 03:11 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
Like I said Im sure alot of what she has been told she has twisted around lol.. She does know that I prefer the hard bags over the soft bags, and she knew I wanted 16in bars. Ive test rode a few RK's with 16in bars and LOVE the ride...
Pretty cool that your wife can surprise you like that... my wife used to try, but not anymore. I'm one of those pain-in-the-butt people that any major, or even minor purchases, I want to pick everything... brand, model, color, style. But I do like it when she gets the checkbook out and says 'let's go shopping...'!

Old 04-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 7,190 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Maybe she found a new leftover '13 RKC like I did? If so you will be one happy man; went for the first ride on mine today and I was VERY impressed!

Old 04-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Rockrivr1
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

Wow, you're one lucky SOB! My last birthday my wife gave me a book on how to successfully diet. Got sex later, but seriously, a diet book?

Old 04-10-2014, 03:16 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

Just say thank you dear! THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU!!

She's a keeper, the wife that is!!

Old 04-10-2014, 03:17 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by UltraClassicElectraGlide
Pretty cool that your wife can surprise you like that... my wife used to try, but not anymore. I'm one of those pain-in-the-butt people that any major, or even minor purchases, I want to pick everything... brand, model, color, style. But I do like it when she gets the checkbook out and says 'let's go shopping...'!

Normally She would not try and make huge decisions like this, But we have talked about a bike for a looong time, Ive told her the specifics that id like right out of the gate so she has used that to her advantage.. If all goes to plan Ill be able to finally post some pics of a bike that I own on this forum after being a member here for several years lol...

Quick Reply: 2014 Road King Classic