Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the best solo seat out there for Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014 | 01:30 PM
mrhyde382
|
6th Gear
Default What is the best solo seat out there for Street Glide?

I am in the market to purchase a new seat for my 2012 Street Glide. I have used the Sundowner Deep Bucket and like the comfort, but just not the looks. If it's between looks and comfort, I will choose comfort, but I am trying to see if there is a good compromise out there. I've had some back issues so I need the availability of a driver's back rest. I prefer the look of a solo seat but a streamlined two up would do also. What are your thoughts...

Old 04-07-2014 | 01:33 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member

C&C Solo........ nuff said

Old 04-07-2014 | 01:39 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mrhyde382
I am in the market to purchase a new seat for my 2012 Street Glide. I have used the Sundowner Deep Bucket and like the comfort, but just not the looks. If it's between looks and comfort, I will choose comfort, but I am trying to see if there is a good compromise out there. I've had some back issues so I need the availability of a driver's back rest. I prefer the look of a solo seat but a streamlined two up would do also. What are your thoughts...
Bro, there are some very recent and ongoing conversations about this same topic in the forum. Take a look at the search function and you'll see many of our recommendations. I'm telling you before some of the others' come in and tell you

However....C&C solo with backrest. I also have the passenger pillion and the setup is extremely nice and ppl are always drooling over it (not literally). Also---this is subjective....meaning, what's comfy to me, may not be for you---you need to know what you're looking for in regards to position because C&C will push you back and down about an inch each way...which is what I wanted.

Old 04-07-2014 | 01:41 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by mrhyde382
... but a streamlined two up would do also. What are your thoughts...
the 09/10 SG seat is alot sleeker than the 11+, smaller rear section. although the nose is wider, which can be a problem for shorter inseams.
I like the little bumper which keeps me from sliding around, this seat is good for up to 5 or 6 hours
These seats can be found pretty cheap as take offs.
part number 52320-09

2.) before you buy a solo, pull your seat and make sure it has not damaged the fender.

I have a HD brawler solo, it is for short hops, no backrest, probably cross it off the list

here's a pic of the 09/10 seat on my FLHTC:

Last edited by mkguitar; 04-07-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-07-2014 | 01:55 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by dugan
C&C Solo........ nuff said

Old 04-07-2014 | 02:02 PM
atretes1
Road Master

I have only tried the one I got but it works for me. Mustang Super Solo.

Old 04-07-2014 | 02:09 PM
camsmith
Road Captain

Originally Posted by atretes1
I have only tried the one I got but it works for me. Mustang Super Solo.
...same here. Have done 1,000 miles in a day on it.

Old 04-07-2014 | 02:14 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member

I have the HD Brawler, gets me back and down. I needed that. It is leather covered, not vinyl as well. I don't know anything about backrests.

Old 04-07-2014 | 02:34 PM
Templado
Intermediate

I've been riding on a Mustan solo for the last 2 years and a half and... one of the best investments I've done on my bike.

An additional backrest would be great, but that's a lot of money.

Old 04-07-2014 | 05:52 PM
Sonny81
Advanced

Originally Posted by sfcmo357
Bro, there are some very recent and ongoing conversations about this same topic in the forum. Take a look at the search function and you'll see many of our recommendations. I'm telling you before some of the others' come in and tell you

However....C&C solo with backrest. I also have the passenger pillion and the setup is extremely nice and ppl are always drooling over it (not literally). Also---this is subjective....meaning, what's comfy to me, may not be for you---you need to know what you're looking for in regards to position because C&C will push you back and down about an inch each way...which is what I wanted.
+1

Giuseppe

Quick Reply: What is the best solo seat out there for Street Glide?