Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Woke the sleeping giant....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014 | 11:34 PM
giacomo56
|
Road Warrior
Default Woke the sleeping giant....

Today my sleeping giant got woken up.....been on a tender all winter, fired right up....let it run for about 30 minutes.....got it cooled and got a nice wash to get the winter grime off....
Tomorrow suposed to be in the high 50's great riding weather....can't sleep for the anticipation of a great riding season....

May....the four corners
June...Bourbon run
July....NYcity
August...Sturgis
Sept....around lake Michigan
Oct...lake of the Ozarks

Happy spring to all the guys above the Mason/Dixie line.

Old 04-05-2014 | 11:48 PM
Jimmykoz
Cruiser

I hear you. I got it out last sunday and put 60 miles on it. Plan on doing some more when i get a day off. Happy riding season.

Old 04-06-2014 | 04:57 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member

Good for you!!!

Old 04-06-2014 | 07:01 AM
powerman1972
Tourer

Good for you! We still have 4 feet of snow on the ground up here in Northern Minnesota! It was 46 yesterday and forecast for warm weather all this week. I would love to ride but the roads around here are like driving through mini lakes with all the melting. Maybe in a month for us??? God i hope!

Old 04-06-2014 | 07:25 AM
Robs2KFLHRCI
Advanced

Great for you! That was sorta my plan for today. I bought this Road King in November last year and got about 5 miles on it before the snow came. in fact it snowed the day I picked it up. Finally backed it out of the trailer last Monday (about 40 degrees) and soon as the back tire hit the ground it sunk 4" into the mud and I had to basically push it and throttle it about 20 yards to solid ground. By then I was pissed and half wore out. But I jumped on her and took off with nothing but jeans, T-shirt and my leather jacket and gloves, after about a 20 mile ride I was froze and headed back home. Forecast for today is upper 50s but I threw my back out yesterday and can barely walk, so I doubt I'll be riding this week either. Like a **** storm, when it rains it pours! Now I'm gonna be sitting here today looking at the gorgeous weather today and ONLY wishing I was riding! Enjoy your ride!

Old 04-06-2014 | 07:30 AM
Johnny 5
Cruiser

I'm up in Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada and we are still in a bit of cold weather. So yes I'm jealous! Lol

Sitting at 25f right now with a probable high of 45f for me, but everywhere is going to be little lakes. I don't plan on riding for another two weeks at least. Cyclemania is next week and I have never been able to ride to it once so I use that as a point when riding will start.

Old 04-06-2014 | 07:37 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

One year I needed the carbs rebuilt after winter storage, on my Vulcan 750. So it is always a great feeling when my Harley always fires right up. Especially after a 5 month brutal Winter.
Fired her up yesterday and rode 170 miles to Milwaukee. Was even more fun than I anticipated. Traffic was light, and temps rose to 50, whitch felt warm since I was dressed for 30s.
Hope this next warm week, brings riding season to more peeps.

Old 04-06-2014 | 09:28 AM
Frank Dukes
Tourer

wow thats a hell of a riding schedule

Old 04-06-2014 | 10:04 PM
Gossamar
6th Gear

I also awoke the "giant" this weekend and was pleasantly surprised that the big twin fired up with hardly a touch of the start button as if to say " hey...waiting on you man...lets go!!". Although in its defense, it did have a 58-degree garage and battery tender all winter. Did 30-miles yesterday and another 50-today...Great start to the new riding season!!

Old 04-06-2014 | 10:44 PM
Tinman265
Road Master

Hit the road for the first ride today also....... Felt like the first time again....... Big smiles!!!!

Quick Reply: Woke the sleeping giant....