Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photo Game Challenge thread...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 12:03 AM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 7,205 Likes on 3,425 Posts

View of Edmonton, Alberta skyline taken at dusk....

Okay, so water is definitely out. How about the other elements (earth, wind and fire)?

Post a pic of your ride incorporating any of the above eg. earth moving equipment, wind turbine or sailboat, fire truck, even a business sign with any of those words in its name.

Bonus points for getting more than one of them in the same pic!

The following 2 users liked this post by Dynamick:
BelchFire (06-18-2020), FrankEV (06-17-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 12:26 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynamick
....How about the other elements (earth, wind and fire)?

Post a pic of your ride incorporating any of the above ... even a business sign with any of those words in its name.
Lets see, I'm in Florida near the coast so Sailboats should be easy. Nope, can't find a place to park the bike and see a sail boat. Yes it is brezzy here in Florida, but not a windmill or wind turbine to be found. And lots of land being developed but could not find anything locally with a any earth moving equipment. So the word in the name will have to work:

This Fire House Sub is less than a block from my house and right next door to the Ormond Beach Fire Staion.

Figured I woud get both.

This was the pic for Wind I had to ride about 45 miles to get. Took a long time while searching for something with Wind in the name before I remembered this place. It is located in Oak Hill, Florida on US-1. Good place for leather items, patches, etc.. The even sew patches on for you.

OK, thinking up interesting challenges is getting harder and harder. It is kinda like "been there and done that". So,assuming I have met the challenge. this will be easy. Your bike in front of some sort of tower, ie.; water, radio, cell (they are all over the place), etc. You will probably need two pics...one from a distance with the bike and full tower and one at the base with bike to show the GOTBS.

Bonus points if you can find something a little different. As am example, we have a place called the Citrus tower over in Clermont:

Just an example.

Last edited by FrankEV; 06-18-2020 at 12:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dynamick (06-18-2020)
Old 06-20-2020, 01:02 PM
hairymoth
Road Warrior
Received 1,271 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV

OK, thinking up interesting challenges is getting harder and harder. It is kinda like "been there and done that". So,assuming I have met the challenge. this will be easy. Your bike in front of some sort of tower, ie.; water, radio, cell (they are all over the place), etc. You will probably need two pics...one from a distance with the bike and full tower and one at the base with bike to show the GOTBS.

Bonus points if you can find something a little different. As am example, we have a place called the Citrus tower over in Clermont:

Just an example.

A gift from Russia after 911.

From the same spot you can see the new 1 World Trade Center (AKA The Freedom Tower)

Old 06-20-2020, 01:07 PM
hairymoth
Road Warrior

Assuming that is a winner...
There is a bar near where I live called The Stumble Inn.

Lets see you bike in front of a business with a clever name: a double meaning or a pun.

Last edited by hairymoth; 06-20-2020 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:10 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by hairymoth
Originally Posted by hairymoth
Assuming that is a winner...
There is a bar near where I live called The Stumble Inn.

Lets see you bike in front of a business with a clever name: a double meaning or a pun.
Yep, good job....that is a definately a winner. In fact you get all the bunus points you can carry in your saddlebags.

We got a few of those kind of named places around here. One that imediately comes to mind is called The Beaver Bar...kinda think that would qualify However, I'll give others a head start and won't go chasing any down for a few days. Lets see what y'all find. Even if you are not first to submit and make the next challenge, it wont hurt to post up what you find.

Old 06-20-2020, 05:28 PM
Howler_LI
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Punny:

If this is OK, next is your bike by something Revolutionary War or Civil War related. A sign, statue, memorial, bldg, etc or even a street sign related in some way.
BTW, that's a glove on top of the tourpak.

hairymoth (06-20-2020)
Old 06-20-2020, 06:40 PM
hairymoth
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FrankEV
We got a few of those kind of named places around here. One that imediately comes to mind is called The Beaver Bar...
Reading your reply, I just remembered one from when I was younger and living in Vail Colorado. The next town over, Avon CO, was home to Beaver Creek ski mountain. The name of the business that I had forgotten: Beaver Liquors.
I bought their t-shirt, with the name around a the logo that was similar to The Rolling Stones...

Current Challenge:
Originally Posted by Howler_LI
... your bike by something Revolutionary War or Civil War related. A sign, statue, memorial, bldg, etc or even a street sign related in some way.

Last edited by hairymoth; 06-20-2020 at 06:44 PM.
FrankEV (06-21-2020)
Old 06-21-2020, 03:43 PM
Dseago1969
Road Master
Received 345 Likes on 214 Posts

Decatur, Il. 300 N Water St.

hairymoth (06-21-2020)
Old 06-21-2020, 03:46 PM
hairymoth
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Howler_LI
... your bike by something Revolutionary War or Civil War related. A sign, statue, memorial, bldg, etc or even a street sign related in some way.

This is in Hoboken NJ where the parking is like NYC. Look back into the park and you will see it.

Old 06-21-2020, 03:47 PM
Dseago1969
Road Master
Received 345 Likes on 214 Posts

Since I have ridden the bike to the hardware store twice this week for a project (and when I go on the bike it’s one an hour or so each way), next challenge is your bike in front of a hardware store with your purchase on or next to the bike. No gear needed.

Quick Reply: Photo Game Challenge thread...