Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photo Game Challenge thread...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 11:00 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

Will a Basin do? Helmet on the ground and glasses on the foot board.

4011 is Old Dixie Hwy in Ormond Beach,Florida also known as the Loop. After being stuck inside for more than a week because of rain from Christabol, the sky finally brightened up and the rain stopped for a while. Enough time to get out for a little spin and to get these pics. (The bike has been under cover for past week and dust must have blown up onto the bike...dash area looks like it needs a cleaning.)

This has been the third challange "with the bike in front of a body of water" in not too long a period. These challanges need to get a little more interesting.

Assuming this meets the challange lets do something different. Can you get a pic of your bike in front of a piece of large farm equipment (tractor, combine,etc.) parked in a field. Bonus point if you can get a pic with one operating in the background. Don't forget to GOTBS (Gear on the bike somewhere).

Old 06-08-2020, 04:08 PM
Howler_LI
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

The Great South Bay , looking southeast towards Fire Island, NY. Too slow though.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:06 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Howler_LI

The Great South Bay , looking southeast towards Fire Island, NY. Too slow though.
Lived on LI a block away from the Great South Bay in Babylon most of my life 'til moved to NC in 1996 and then to FL in 2014. Where was the pic taken? It looks familiar. Think maybe you were looking Southwest!

BTW, I love the copper color of you bike. What Year is your bike?

Old 06-09-2020, 08:07 AM
Howler_LI
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

That's a 2014 SGS with 70k miles
Here's where I took the pic. The bike was parked facing north on the east side of the road, the camera was looking southeast. The dock road juts out into the bay.
Last Sunday I took a ride on Robert Moses parkway and bridge and Ocean Parkway past the Babylon town beaches out past Jones Beach. I must have timed it just right, even on the local roads there was very little traffic and only a little of the frantic rushing that causes so much grief for us.
Enjoy FLA !

Last edited by Howler_LI; 06-09-2020 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:29 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Howler_LI
That's a 2014 SGS with 70k miles
Here's where I took the pic. The bike was parked facing north on the east side of the road, the camera was looking southeast. The dock road juts out into the bay.
Last Sunday I took a ride on Robert Moses parkway and bridge and Ocean Parkway past the Babylon town beaches out past Jones Beach. I must have timed it just right, even on the local roads there was very little traffic and only a little of the frantic rushing that causes so much grief for us.
Enjoy FLA !

Knew it looked familiar. I lived in Bluepoint for 3 years in the early '60s. Now I understand how you were looking SE. What had me confused was your statement that you were looking toward Fire Island. The actual Fire Island Beach is much further West.

My daughter and son-in-law still live in Mastic Beach. Haven't been up there in over 3 years...don't realy want to either. I make them come down and vist their old fart of a dad down here.

Hey, I know there are still some farms on LI, go find a large tractor or maybe a potatoe truck to meet the next challange.

Thanks for the come back. Enjoy and ride safe.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:01 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ssgunny
This is from Japan in 2010 when I rode sportbikes. I ride a 2009 FLHTCU now. Consider the full face on my noggin as the "goggles" on the seat.
RECENT,, it says RECENT.... in the rules.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:09 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 7,205 Likes on 3,425 Posts

Originally Posted by JimTJr
RECENT,, it says RECENT.... in the rules.
Speaking of things that aren't recent, you quoted a post from 6 years ago.....

Old 06-14-2020, 08:26 PM
cowboydoc
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 1,142 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
This has been the third challange "with the bike in front of a body of water" in not too long a period. These challanges need to get a little more interesting.

Assuming this meets the challange lets do something different. Can you get a pic of your bike in front of a piece of large farm equipment (tractor, combine,etc.) parked in a field. Bonus point if you can get a pic with one operating in the background. Don't forget to GOTBS (Gear on the bike somewhere).
I passed a couple of tractors working / cutting grass or hay today, but there wasn't a shoulder or place to pull off and safely get a pic. These two are parked by a barn, not really out in a field, but it was the best I could do. Gloves are on the seat.

Photo Game Challenge thread...-photo704.jpg

Let me know if this is good enough and I'll post a new challenge.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:52 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cowboydoc
I passed a couple of tractors working / cutting grass or hay today, but there wasn't a shoulder or place to pull off and safely get a pic. These two are parked by a barn, not really out in a field, but it was the best I could do. Gloves are on the seat.

Attachment 602311

Let me know if this is good enough and I'll post a new challenge.
I accept this as a win. Sometimes you have to dodge traffic to get a good pic, but it is understood you also want to stay alive.

Lets see if you can come up with a challenge that everyone can chase, but no more bodies of water for a while, please. So whacha got?

Last edited by FrankEV; 06-15-2020 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:59 AM
cowboydoc
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 1,142 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
I accept this as a win. Sometimes you have to dodge traffic to get a good pic, but it is understood you also want to stay alive.

Lets see if you can come up with a challenge that everyone can chase, but no more bodies of water for a while, please. So whacha got?
How about going from the country (tractors / farm equipment) to the city? Let's see your bike with the skyline of a city in the background.

Here is an example - looking south to downtown Tulsa, OK:

Photo Game Challenge thread...-photo139.jpg

Quick Reply: Photo Game Challenge thread...