Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photo Game Challenge thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 10:43 PM
Flyer903
Cruiser
Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

The stock header config was that way.

These are Rinehart true dual's. They took the same course and use the same brackets and hangers.

And thanks.

Old 02-09-2020, 02:06 PM
hairymoth
Road Warrior
Received 1,271 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyer903
Since part of my ride was through a national Forest ... Let's see a national or state park sign.

A corps of engineers property or park will not be valid for this one. It just be something like national Forest service or parks and rec, or a state managed park.

Glove, glasses, and / or helmet somewhere to validate.

You should be able to see the Statue of Liberty in the background, which I am pretty sure is a National Park, if not, there is a picture, taken at 80 degrees, of the the exact same spot, Showing the NJ Liberty State Park that I was in.

Last edited by hairymoth; 02-09-2020 at 02:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by hairymoth:
BelchFire (02-09-2020), FrankEV (02-09-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 02:37 PM
Flyer903
Cruiser

Give me liberty or give me death!

I'm not sure that has much to do with the statue of liberty, but I'll take the photo.

Your up my friend. What shall we look for now?

The following users liked this post:
hairymoth (02-09-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 03:55 PM
hairymoth
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Flyer903
Give me liberty or give me death!

I'm not sure that has much to do with the statue of liberty, but I'll take the photo.

Your up my friend. What shall we look for now?
When I was a kid, kidnappings were a common movie/TV theme, and the bad guys always took a picture of the hostage with a current day’s edition of a news paper to prove that the hostage was still alive. (That was before photoshop).

Not a news paper, but I’d like to see a picture of your bike where something in the picture shows it was taken after this post. But because we have had a lot of significant news lately, something that proves it was taken in the last 3 weeks.

Some things that come to mind: a hardware store with a sign indicating they have (or don’t have) dust mask because of the pandemic. Something celebrating the acquittal, something celebrating the SOTU (or making fun of the paper shredding speaker). Something that indicates the winner or loser of the Superbowl. But anything like that were the picture itself proves it was taken within the last 3 weeks, or later...

No gloves or helmet needed

Last edited by hairymoth; 02-09-2020 at 04:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dirtdreamer50 (02-09-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 04:36 PM
Flyer903
Cruiser

In the spirit of the thread .. I think you should limit it from the time until now (or time of your posting) and posting of the pic.

Unless you have a flux capacitor producing 1.1 gigawatts and you can break 88 mph.

But Game on! We are suppose to have some rain move in for like a week straight I think. I may be out for a minute on this one.

Old 02-09-2020, 05:19 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by hairymoth
...I’d like to see a picture of your bike where ....No gloves or helmet needed
Well, quite a novel challenge...I like!!! I think I may just know a place for a pic that will work.

I wasted a day today, of beautiful riding weather, to get some chores done but the next few day are supposed to be like summer so no excuse to jump on the bike and ride. After a 9 AM appointment tomorrow, to adjust my new hearing aids, I'll scoot around and see if what I have in mind will work. Sometimes, in these challenges, getting the bike in a location to take the shot is the most difficult task.

BTW, a little contridictions was included in your challenge: "something in the picture shows it was taken after this post" but later you say "within the last three weeks". Gotta get your act together , these challenges are usually only good for 5 days befor a new challenge is needed. Oh, I presume you were refering to the event or newsworthy Item must have occured within the last three weeks....now I gotcha, I think!!!!

Last edited by FrankEV; 02-09-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:27 PM
hairymoth
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FrankEV
BTW, a little contridictions was included in your challenge: "something in the picture shows it was taken after this post" but later you say "within the last three weeks". Gotta get your act together , these challenges are usually only good for 5 days befor a new challenge is needed. Oh, I presume you were refering to the event or newsworthy Item must have occured within the last three weeks....now I gotcha, I think!!!!
Sorry for the apparent contradiction.
I wanted to say simply "There must something in the photo that proves the shot was taken after the my post (earlier today) was written." But I don't know if there will be any noteworthy news events in the coming days, so that might have limited it to "something with a current time and date" in it (which would win, but might be hard to find). But there was so much big news in the last 3 weeks, I pushed the "picture provable date" back 3 weeks, because I don't know what news this week will bring (if anything), but recent history was rich with the kind of news that can be found on marquees of some sort. So a picture of you bike in front of a marquee (that hasn't been taken down) that mentions the Chiefs as 2020 winners, would win. Technically, I couldn't tell if the picture was taken after my post or sometime last week, but the submission gets the benefit of the doubt. (The rule of the thread is ride to get a picture, and that is still the idea).

So: if something in the picture proves it was taken after 2/9/2020 4:55 EST, that is best.
If something in the picture proves it was taken on or after 1/19/2020, that is also a winner.

Last edited by hairymoth; 02-09-2020 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:38 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

This happens to be Speed Week in Daytona with the Daytona 500 next weekend. Today is qualifying. So I thought there should be a banner or marque advertising the up comming races...nope, nada, nothing. I was expecting a sign or banner saying "2020 DAYTONA 500, Feb 16th" or something similar. Other than all the vendor rigs in the out field and the hundreds of campers and RV in the camping area, driving by you would not even know there will be racing this weekend.

Today is Feb 10 and I did get the pic below at the speedway, that technically meets the challenge time criteria, but hate to submit it as it is not really a newsworthy event in keeping with the intent of the challenge. If somebody posts a better pic I'll readily concede the win.

Helmet is not on the bike, but I needed to take it off to take the pic.

Therefore this challenge is still open unless it goes past the 5 days, so post up a pic that meets the challenge and claim the win.

After taking this pic I rode another 100+ miles and did not see anything else. Could not even find one of those lit up signs that give the time, date and temp.

Last edited by FrankEV; 02-10-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:53 PM
hairymoth
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Today is Feb 10 and I did get the pic below at the speedway, that technically meets the challenge time criteria, but hate to submit it as it is not really a newsworthy event in keeping with the intent of the challenge. If somebody posts a better pic I'll readily concede the win.
Winner.

Old 02-11-2020, 06:39 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

hairymoth said winner, so I will post this next challenge.

Your Bike in front of a sign for a shopping center that specifically contains Outlet stores. The sign must include the word Outlets. Tanger Outlets are popular East of the Mississippi, but I'm sure there must be others out there to find.

A Glove or glasses to be on the footboard or helmet hung on shifter or Brake. If not included in the pic, tell us where the Shopping Center is located.

Boy, it is getting harder and harder to dream up interesting challenges .

Last edited by FrankEV; 02-11-2020 at 06:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Photo Game Challenge thread...