Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photo Game Challenge thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 06:08 PM
SPITZEGESCHOSSE
Cruiser
Received 141 Likes on 80 Posts

If you come to Paterson, plan to be out of town by sundown... it is not the safest place to be after dark.

☹️☹️☹️ I’m kinda out in the middle of nothin here but the small town 7km up the road has a meth head issue 😡 and the city of 100+ thousand ? Well you coulda left your keys in the car 10 years ago without an issue. They get this stupid idea a few years ago to do a safe injection site. The rest is history 😡. My little bro had his car broke into like 3 times now and he has nothing to steal ? No cigarette butts no CDs. Nothin Makes me so pissed 😡. Keep tellin my buddy’s maybe we need to ride around town and smack down these meth heads. Take back our freedoms. Sad to hear you guys got issues as well. You guys got concealed carry down there don’t ya ?

Old 01-16-2020, 12:28 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyer903
Wooden wheel huh ... That's gonna be a challenge for me. ....
I just got back from a slow paced almost a 100 mile ride looking for what I thought would be a easy find. Was thinking that being by the water there would be lots of boat steering wheels decorating up places. Nope, Nada.

I had also thought I had remebered seeing one at a Pirates amusement area on A1A, only to find I was wrong. Coulda swore I saw real big one someplace.

If no one comes up with a win, I going to head out, maybe tomorrow, to horse country and see if there isn't a wagon wheel holding up a mailbox. There are probably metal wagon wheels, but a wooden one may be really difficult to find.

In my travels today I did see a BIG rubber tire as part of a sign, but figgured that would not do.

Very interesting challenge. Hope somebody finds one and we don't have to change it because it could not be found.

Last edited by FrankEV; 01-16-2020 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:15 PM
Flyer903
Cruiser
Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I've seen them as markers for a driveway, but haven't the foggiest idea where I remember seeing them. I may end up putting an APB out on the ole Book of Faces to help locate some.

I plan on trying to ride some Saturday, unless my wife changes my mind.

Old 01-16-2020, 10:45 PM
hairymoth
Road Warrior
Received 1,271 Likes on 431 Posts

I've seen them as markers for a driveway, but haven't the foggiest idea where I remember seeing them..
Me too actually. A few months ago, I thought I'd win a challenge with 'something chicken related' but by the time I got home, someone beat me. But that day, I had seen several wooden wheels...

Let's let the challenge stand though the weekend. If no wins, I'll change it Monday.

The following users liked this post:
FrankEV (01-17-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 04:08 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hairymoth
Me too actually. A few months ago, I thought I'd win a challenge with 'something chicken related' but by the time I got home, someone beat me. But that day, I had seen several wooden wheels...

Let's let the challenge stand though the weekend. If no wins, I'll change it Monday.
Well today is Saturday, so I guess I'm able to submit this for a win.

I did a double take today as I was riding South through New Smyrna Beach on US-1. Was almost past when I spotted the Ships steering wheel up on the gable of Blackbeards Inn. On the way back almost missed again and had to turn around to get the pic. Blackbeards Inn is a great place to eat, BTW.

You can see some shinny brass in the center but it appears to be a real wooden ships wheel.

Assuming this meets the challange lets try the Fire Station suggestion. Only lets make slightly more challanging. The door of the Fire Station must be open and a Fire Engine/Truck must be visable. Get a bunch of bonus points if you can get firemans helmet posed on your bike and maybe some of the firemen in the pic. Glasses on the footboard please. And please take a second pic from a ways back where we can see the whole Fire Station with the name of the station showing.

Do let the Firemen you meet know that we all appreciate the job they do.

The following 4 users liked this post by FrankEV:
BelchFire (01-20-2020), hairymoth (01-19-2020), SPITZEGESCHOSSE (01-18-2020), vin088xk1 (01-18-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 10:44 AM
Flyer903
Cruiser

Good catch Frank!

Wasn't my challenge to call .. but on with the fire station.

Old 01-19-2020, 11:57 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Good catch Frank!

Wasn't my challenge to call .. but on with the fire station.
Thanks...just for the heck of it here is a little quiz and an aside challenge...Can anyone tell me the difference between a Fire Engine and a Fire Truck? First one with the correct answer wins a big ataboy!

Old 01-19-2020, 02:41 PM
hairymoth
Road Warrior
Received 1,271 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Well today is Saturday, so I guess I'm able to submit this for a win.

I did a double take today as I was riding South through New Smyrna Beach on US-1. Was almost past when I spotted the Ships steering wheel up on the gable of Blackbeards Inn. ...

You can see some shinny brass in the center but it appears to be a real wooden ships wheel.

Assuming this meets the challange lets try the Fire Station suggestion. Only lets make slightly more challanging. The door of the Fire Station must be open and a Fire Engine/Truck must be visable. Get a bunch of bonus points if you can get firemans helmet posed on your bike and maybe some of the firemen in the pic. Glasses on the footboard please. And please take a second pic from a ways back where we can see the whole Fire Station with the name of the station showing.

Do let the Firemen you meet know that we all appreciate the job they do.
Winner!

Old 01-19-2020, 05:22 PM
Flyer903
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FrankEV
The door of the Fire Station must be open and a Fire Engine/Truck must be visable. Get a bunch of bonus points if you can get firemans helmet posed on your bike and maybe some of the firemen in the pic. Glasses on the footboard please. And please take a second pic from a ways back where we can see the whole Fire Station with the name of the station showing.
In re-reading this .. I did not get the second pic. However, please review these pics.

While I was the only one there, it was difficult to get myself in the pic as well.

This is one of the local departments of which I am a member of. The truck to the left is our Mighty Max, named after a boy who has fought cancer and is still suffering the on going effects of the sickness.

This truck made national news when one of our guys took it to Houston to help with the relief efforts during the hurricane Harvey relief efforts. Houston is about a 5 hour drive in a vehicle that does NOT have a Max speed of about 55. This truck assisted the national guard and rescued one of their trucks as well. It was a retired military vehicle that has been refurbished and given to us through the Texas forest service in the form of a grant.

The chief did make a book about this truck and this instance. I have one on the table in my office.

Amazon Amazon

Also .. please note my 'glasses' wouldn't fit on the floorboard. They are on the rear pillion and my gloves on the seat.

The following users liked this post:
BelchFire (01-20-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 05:40 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

FWIW...... Although most people use the terms interchangeably, a fire engine is actually different than a fire truck. A fire engine is typically the first vehicle that arrives at the scene of a large fire. ... Rather than carry water, fire trucks are auxiliary vehicles that carry tools such as ground and aerial ladders.

From Google, as I didn't know the answer. Interesting. tomp

Quick Reply: Photo Game Challenge thread...