Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photo Game Challenge thread...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 06:30 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 7,205 Likes on 3,425 Posts

Originally Posted by dandrumheller
Ha ha - I like the side bet deal --- though for reasons shown at the bottom of this post you'll be winning every one unless we change the rules some...

I was actually thinking about doing covered bridges instead of the statue one, but figured only the guys in the Northeast would have a decent shot at it. Very cool that you proved me wrong on that point!

I don't think I'd have been able to get any closer than this - and I would have had a fence in the way too...even the little airports around me are secured with fences and access control. I have a feeling I could maybe guess the gate code at one of them, but don't really want to get in trouble! :-)

I have a man-made waterfall (well, a dam, if that counts) 30 seconds from my house. I'd go get a picture of it with my bike. But I made a little change today, so I don't think I can participate here anymore. This makes me a little sad, as this is one of the most fun forum threads I've ever been a part of...

Keep 'em shiny side up...I'll still be lurking around to see all the cool pics!

Dan

So, ya finally did it huh Dan? I sold mine last September, nothing wrong with it all but I finally decided it just "wasn't me". Plus the local Triumph dealer was closing so I would've had to travel nearly 200 miles one way for service. Fond memories of a fine machine though. Have fun riding that screaming banshee!

Edit. You can still participate in the "all bikes photo challenge" in the off-topic section.....

Last edited by Dynamick; 07-23-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:58 AM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

I may have posted a picture of these falls before, but it's nice to have an excuse to ride up here again. Passed a man made fall along the way. This one's better.

If this is a winner, let's see your bike in front of a feed store.

Attached Thumbnails Photo Game Challenge thread...-photo321.jpg  

Last edited by AtticusFinch; 07-24-2019 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:36 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynamick
So, ya finally did it huh Dan? I sold mine last September, nothing wrong with it all but I finally decided it just "wasn't me". Plus the local Triumph dealer was closing so I would've had to travel nearly 200 miles one way for service. Fond memories of a fine machine though. Have fun riding that screaming banshee!

Edit. You can still participate in the "all bikes photo challenge" in the off-topic section.....
Yep. Over the past 2 years I've periodically second-guessed my decision, and looked around on cycletrader or the local dealers for them. Never saw as good a deal reasonably close to me again. Then Last saturday I came across an ad in my Facebook feed of all places from the dealer (they're historically an all-makes used bike dealer, but have also been a Triumph dealer for the past 5 years or so, and are where I purchased my Ultra) for the one I bought. Leftover '15 with 13 miles on it. For 1K less than the previous low. I put a deposit down Saturday and went to pick it up Monday. Rode it home an hour in a downpour! Of course the timing sucked cause I had just put $600 into the Ultra with a brand new rear tire and set of takeoff shocks from '17 RG to replace the leaking one I had. So the mods budget is blown to hell.

Got about 200 miles on it so far, working through the break-in, and taking it down to CT this coming weekend. So far the ergonomic issues that were bugging me on the test ride don't seem to be rearing their ugly head. I'm now quite certain the test ride bike 2 years ago had the seat in the upper position, as I can flat-foot quite comfortably (wearing the same boots I had on then). So I don't know if that is contributing at all or not. Still getting used to the changes, and I'm sure there are things about the Ultra that I will miss. No regrets yet anyway!

Sorry to hear you sold yours - but I completely understand!

Look forward to seeing you in the all bikes photo thread - got the hay bales challenge there yesterday!

Dan

The following users liked this post:
Dynamick (07-24-2019)
Old 07-25-2019, 04:20 PM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Bike with glasses and it gloves in front of a fruit stand eating a piece of fruit of your choice.
i understand if you don't want to post a picture of yourself.

Last edited by SoftailBrian; 07-25-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:24 PM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SoftailBrian

Bike with glasses and it gloves in front of a fruit stand eating a piece of fruit of your choice.

You can see the gloves better on the back seat in this one.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:55 PM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Well done!

Old 07-26-2019, 07:29 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

It has been raining and havn't gotten out in a few days. I know where a nice Fruit stand is if I get a chance before someone else beats me.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:36 PM
phil48315
Road Warrior
Received 1,638 Likes on 510 Posts

All the fruit stands are closed at night.....

Old 07-29-2019, 06:11 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

4 days, so the Fruit stand challange from Softailbrian is still on. Rain and some personal projects have kept me at home for the last few days.

Anyone know how to make this thread a Sticky? .

Last edited by FrankEV; 07-29-2019 at 06:20 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:02 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 7,205 Likes on 3,425 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
4 days, so the Fruit stand challange from Softailbrian is still on. Rain and some personal projects have kept me at home for the last few days.

Anyone know how to make this thread a Sticky? .
Your request is above my pay grade but I've passed the idea along to somebody who can make that call. I'll keep you posted.

Quick Reply: Photo Game Challenge thread...